ELECT/PSR Weight Progression

• This topic has 2 voices and 3 replies.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Stephen Davis
    Participant

As I am going to do the 5/3/1 vs. Shockwave challenge, I thought it would be best to get the exact way to execute the ELECT sets.  For example, when I did squats last week, my ELECT sets started at 195 and went to 235 adding 10 lbs per wave.  My final set of squats (later in the workout), I did 2X275.  I read in the sub-zero workout that the final set should be 90% of your 1RM.  Am I going too light on the ELECT or is my progression of weights acceptable?  Is there a hard, set formula (similar to the 5/3/1 % protocol) or is this simply by “feel?”

It is really by feel, because the issue is you need to keep the explosive speed. f=ma after all. So as long as you keep your speed up and adjust your weight a bit every week you should be following a good progression.

Stephen Davis
    Participant

I have been completely doing this by feel.  Close to the end of the 5 “sets”, I will sometimes slow down to a more traditional style of lifting.  This especially happens when I have just gone up in weight.  Kiefer mentions that this is OK in the Shockwave e-pamphlet.  As I have only been back into lifting for about 9 months now, I want to make sure that I keep my foot on the accelerator as much as possible.  Thanks for the input.

I had to a one more set a few times with a bit more weight and maybe 2 less reps just to have my male brain to be satisfied.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

ELECT/PSR Weight Progression

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?