Exercise Confusion

• This topic has 5 voices and 5 replies.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

vballstlgirl
    Keymaster

Hi there – Hoping somebody can help me out on this topic - I am just about a week in to the Carb Nite Solution and am completely unsure what to do exercise wise.  A little background - I was on a super low cal diet (1200 calories), lost 65 pounds, then suddenly stopped losing any weight no matter what I did.  I was doing 50 minutes of cardio, 5x a week (sometimes twice a day - walking - 11 incline, 3.3-3.5, sometimes elliptical, sometime stair climber), and working out with a personal trainer 2x a week (half hour, HIIT style).  So I switched it up to go on the CNS but have heard conflicting info about exercise.  So what works the best for you all?  I am a female and ultimately want to lost another 75 pounds.  Any suggestions would be super appreciated.  Thanks! 

dawatts22

Have you read the book?  Kiefer talks bout it on page 94.  I think most folks here do minimal cardio and focus on weight training.  Especially on CNS.

sckiely
    Participant

Carb nite suits almost anything, even no exercise! So I would focus on doing what you enjoy as that is more important for consistency than anything.In saying that, carb nite is setup to maintain muscle and strip fat, so doing long drawn out runs etc is counter productive.Walking is fine, weights is optimum though! But focus On what you enjoy first that fits the criteria.

IOWA.PharmD

This statement really struck a chord with me today, it might sound familiar  ;D"You cannot out-train your diet"Moral of the story: spend more time making sure you're eating right then on the treadmill.

zewski

Lift heavy things, sprint occasionallyThe diet is going to take care of any fat loss that will be happening so just use your workouts to become faster/stronger/more bad ass.

AdamFiddler

Lift heavy things, sprint occasionallyThe diet is going to take care of any fat loss that will be happening so just use your workouts to become faster/stronger/more bad ass.

Word. 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Exercise Confusion

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?