Fasted walks before or after morning coffee/cocunut oil?

• This topic has 4 voices and 6 replies.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Kaprice

Is it still considered a fasted walk if it happens after the morning coffee with mct or coconut oil?Is there a significant difference between walking pre or post that coffee?

I personally thought it was appropriate to do the coffee+mct prior to AM cardio, because the purpose of the mct was to promote fat as the preferred fuel source. Subscribed for an official ruling... lol

catalyst187

Accelerator shake promotes fat loss – it makes sense that LISS after it would not stop you from using more fat for energy but combined together I wouldn't expect AMAZING results so my standpoint is either one will do but both together are a lil bit betterto get the final word on it though I would think it'd be as simple as just taking the accelerator for 2 weeks and noting fat loss/ then just walking 2 weeks minus accelerator and not fat loss/ then finally do both and note fat loss 😛 someone run that and get back to me lol

Honestly, if you are going for a walk or something, I wouldn't worry about it one way or another.If it was HIIT or Resistance training I'd do it totally fasted.

thestiffmeister
    Participant

Honestly, if you are going for a walk or something, I wouldn't worry about it one way or another.If it was HIIT or Resistance training I'd do it totally fasted.

I second that. I don't think a bit of quick-acting fat will hurt a lot, but why even bother? To me there are other much more important variables to consider. I stick to using coconut oil when I don't plan to eat at all before working out (not early in the morning, a bit later), otherwise it gets kind of expensive.

jpmanz

Just personal preference, but I would just take some coffee (black) prior to AM cardio (preferably HIIT).  I know there is some argument for MCT stoking metabolism and fat burning, but I would think that since the MCTs are absorbed quickly that your body would just end up burning off the calories from the coconut oil before you would make any inroads on burning actual stored bodyfat.

thestiffmeister
    Participant

Just personal preference, but I would just take some coffee (black) prior to AM cardio (preferably HIIT).  I know there is some argument for MCT stoking metabolism and fat burning, but I would think that since the MCTs are absorbed quickly that your body would just end up burning off the calories from the coconut oil before you would make any inroads on burning actual stored bodyfat.

This. As long as the cardio session isn't super brutal/too long, I see no reason give your body fuel when it can tap into its reserves just fine.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Fasted walks before or after morning coffee/cocunut oil?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?