Fat Intake Before & After Carb Nite

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Soarersan
    Participant

Morning all.

New user here. Been using CNS for the last few weeks, and down a good few pounds. Having one blow out per week makes things a lot easier than anything I’ve ever tried!

Anyways, my question.
    The first half of “Carb Nite” you’re supposed to do your normal keto thing, then get stuck into the carbs. The following morning, you’re supposed to get back on the keto wagon again. Is eating “high fat” either side of Carb Nite a good idea? Would all the carbs not encourage fat storage? Would it not be better for maybe 12-24 hours either side of Carb Nite to maybe be low fat, or even a fasted state?

Just the musings of someone that doesn’t really know what he’s talking about!

Soarer.

Makoto Tomizawa
    Participant

You could fast or do low-fat if you want to, as long as you feel fine with it.
    It’s fine to go back to eating normally (ultra low carb) since one short period of carb feeding won’t instantaneously switch your body to using carbs, so you’ll still be using fat as your primary fuel. Kiefer mentions this in the book, and other cyclical diets say the same.

Me personally, I do a PSMF if I eat a LOT the night before, but it’s not required by any means.

Training Log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vuwHRdBaPVILxxLhXly_N1Ys66Hcwk4j-bM7nvKSLrI/edit?usp=sharing

Robert Haas
    Participant

Me personally, I do a PSMF if I eat a LOT the night before, but it’s not required by any means.

I do this as well. There’s plenty of research promoting it’s benefits.

The eyes can't see what the mind doesn't understand.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Never thought of doing a PSMF after a Carb Nite, but that’s a pretty good idea I think.

Tony Sangimino

I do the same though I don’t worry about it being fat free. Basically just lean proteins and no added fats.

Soarersan

Thanks for all the replies guys. Good to know I’m not completely mental in my thinking!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Fat Intake Before & After Carb Nite

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?