Female NoOB – I have questions – thank you for your time in advance!!

• This topic has 2 voices and 6 replies.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

Hello!!! I am a NoOb.Here's my generics....I’m on day 4 of doing the CBLFemale 33Weight 162Height 5’11Goal 145 or whatever looks muscular and lean....not terribly concerned about the actual numberWeight Training - 6 days a week, 1.5-2 hoursI LOVE weight-training, I HATE cardio. I mean both extremes of both words....I work from 2-9 PM teaching which means eating in those hours is difficult and I have to train in the morning, usually around 9am.I've tried most recommended food programs in Muscle&Fitness and M&F Hers, as well as Oxygen. I find any other women's magazines to have retarded information.What most seem to come down to is eating all day long in small amounts, with the ratio of carbs/protein/fats to be changed. I've found this to just plain not work for me and the more I read/listen to things on this site the more it starts to make sense. I think the food program I like the best was a high fat/protein diet but I would still crave sugary carbs by the time the weekend hit.I would like to share the plan I've started and get any advice...(along with a few questions)...Remember I'm on day 4 so be kind!!!9AM PREWORKOUTCoffee ad libitum11:30 AM POST TRAININGHypertrophic Potentiator formulaCaffeine Powder 200-600Whey Isolate 15-20 gCasein (intact) 10-15gHydrolysate (Whey, Casein or Both) 10-15 gLeucine 3 gCreatine 5 gAPPX 30 MINUTES LATERIgnition FormulaCaffeine (coffee or other ) 400-800 mgWhey Isolate 10 gMCT oil (coconut milk/oil ) 1 g of MCTCreatine 5 g2:00 LUNCH2 eggs/3 pieces leanish low-sodium natural bacon/.5oz cheese/green and red peppers/onion(APPX = ALL: 552 cal – 65 protein – 27 fat (with TWO shakes above))7PM EVENINGA shake containing about 10 grams of hydrolysate and 5 grams of leucineCookies = 1.5 3-inch cookies, some cream cheese/berry coffee cake -probably 2 servings9PM EVENINGPizza = 660 calories - 60 carbsAFTER 9:00 PMShake  Before BedCaffeine Powder 200-600Whey Isolate 15-20 gCasein (intact) 10-15gHydrolysate (Whey, Casein or Both) 10-15 gLeucine 3 gCreatine 5 g1. Lunch - 2 teaspoons fish oil with it?? When else should I have fish oil?2. I eat my sugary meal at 7:00 because I can do that better than pizza...and I spread it out over about an hour - any issues with that?3. After 9PM – is this shake necessary for me? And caffeine before bed?4. Is it ok to drink coffee while training? Since I don’t have a coffee maker yet (I never drank coffee before!) I grab a 12-oz at the drive through and can’t “down” it because it’s too hot!5. How does alcohol fit in? (I’m waiting to hear “it doesn’t”)….I looked up a few posts and I’m not talking about binge drinking. I have a drink maybe one to three times a month on a weekend….should it be consumed with anything in particular – is it a bad carb and not something do have on CBL –does it interfere with my training the next day as far as getting the max out of it? I usually have rum/diet coke – is there something not ideal with that combo? Is regular (vs diet) soda better?6. Now, how does fiber fit in? Do I have to supplement with anything? I feel wrong not taking some sort of fiber supplement but only because it’s been drilled into me to have at least 25 grams a day.7. If I have a non-training day – how many calories should I eat at night? Do I still eat a normal CBL regiment during the day?8. How much coconut oil can I consume (was having an issue converting the gram recommended with the TBSP on the label? Also, I read I should have it at every meal but I only have one “meal” before dinner. 9. Should I have as much protein as I’ve listed? Are all those meals necessary – some were taken out already from “the plan”.10. Normal supplements – like vitamins, skin care supplements, calcium etc. Anything wrong with taking these – does it affect anything and is there a best time of day to take them or a best meal to take them with?11. Sodium - should I be keeping this low? Though I only salt my eggs....Thank you all for your patience as I’m sure most of this is answered somewhere – I will continue to post and research but I’m sure it will lead to more questions!

acarnovale

Hello!!! I am a NoOb.Here's my generics....I’m on day 4 of doing the CBLFemale 33Weight 162Height 5’11Goal 145 or whatever looks muscular and lean....not terribly concerned about the actual numberWeight Training - 6 days a week, 1.5-2 hoursI LOVE weight-training, I HATE cardio. I mean both extremes of both words....I work from 2-9 PM teaching which means eating in those hours is difficult and I have to train in the morning, usually around 9am.I've tried most recommended food programs in Muscle&Fitness and M&F Hers, as well as Oxygen. I find any other women's magazines to have retarded information.What most seem to come down to is eating all day long in small amounts, with the ratio of carbs/protein/fats to be changed. I've found this to just plain not work for me and the more I read/listen to things on this site the more it starts to make sense. I think the food program I like the best was a high fat/protein diet but I would still crave sugary carbs by the time the weekend hit.I would like to share the plan I've started and get any advice...(along with a few questions)...Remember I'm on day 4 so be kind!!!9AM PREWORKOUTCoffee ad libitum11:30 AM POST TRAININGHypertrophic Potentiator formulaCaffeine Powder 200-600Whey Isolate 15-20 gCasein (intact) 10-15gHydrolysate (Whey, Casein or Both) 10-15 gLeucine 3 gCreatine 5 gAPPX 30 MINUTES LATER <---Depending on which protocol you're on this isn't necessaryIgnition FormulaCaffeine (coffee or other ) 400-800 mgWhey Isolate 10 gMCT oil (coconut milk/oil ) 1 g of MCTCreatine 5 g2:00 LUNCH2 eggs/3 pieces leanish low-sodium natural bacon/.5oz cheese/green and red peppers/onion(APPX = ALL: 552 cal – 65 protein – 27 fat (with TWO shakes above))7PM EVENINGA shake containing about 10 grams of hydrolysate and 5 grams of leucineCookies = 1.5 3-inch cookies, some cream cheese/berry coffee cake -probably 2 servings9PM EVENINGPizza = 660 calories - 60 carbsAFTER 9:00 PMShake  Before BedCaffeine Powder 200-600Whey Isolate 15-20 gCasein (intact) 10-15gHydrolysate (Whey, Casein or Both) 10-15 gLeucine 3 gCreatine 5 g1. Lunch - 2 teaspoons fish oil with it?? When else should I have fish oil? <--Just don't have it during your back-load2. I eat my sugary meal at 7:00 because I can do that better than pizza...and I spread it out over about an hour - any issues with that? <---No issues with that. Just make sure you're getting a good insulin spike. Also, go by how your body looks the next morning.3. After 9PM – is this shake necessary for me? And caffeine before bed? <-- Not necessary and probably better for you to go with a whole food snack. Go with either more carbs or protein and fat.4. Is it ok to drink coffee while training? Since I don’t have a coffee maker yet (I never drank coffee before!) I grab a 12-oz at the drive through and can’t “down” it because it’s too hot!<---I've done this a few times and haven't noticed any ill effects.5. How does alcohol fit in? (I’m waiting to hear “it doesn’t”)….<--- Kiefer recommends that if you're going to drink do it on a back-load night. Also, realise that the alcohol needs to be metabolized first so some of the carbs will likely get stored as fat. Nothing you can't correct though.I looked up a few posts and I’m not talking about binge drinking. I have a drink maybe one to three times a month on a weekend….should it be consumed with anything in particular – is it a bad carb and not something do have on CBL –does it interfere with my training the next day as far as getting the max out of it?<---Not sure about this, but if it does I wouldn't worry about it. Everyone has "off" days. I usually have rum/diet coke – is there something not ideal with that combo? Is regular (vs diet) soda better? <--I don't think soda is optimal at all. Someone else would have to clarify as I'm a beer guy myself.6. Now, how does fiber fit in? Do I have to supplement with anything? I feel wrong not taking some sort of fiber supplement but only because it’s been drilled into me to have at least 25 grams a day.<---Go by how your body is running. If you've been backed up a few days in a row add in a supplement. Otherwise, make sure to get in plenty of veggies during the ULC part of the day and you should be good.7. If I have a non-training day – how many calories should I eat at night? Do I still eat a normal CBL regiment during the day?<---Don't worry about calories. Just make sure to stick to protein/fat/veggies and stay under 30g of carbs. Eat until you're satisfied and not stuffed.8. How much coconut oil can I consume (was having an issue converting the gram recommended with the TBSP on the label? Also, I read I should have it at every meal but I only have one “meal” before dinner. <---I would go with 1tbsp per coffee and see how that works for now. You can always adjust this later on. Generally, being that you're smaller you should stick to 1 tbsp per serving.9. Should I have as much protein as I’ve listed? Are all those meals necessary – some were taken out already from “the plan”. <---Just make sure you match it with fats as that what we want our bodies to be using as it's preferred fuel source.10. Normal supplements – like vitamins, skin care supplements, calcium etc. Anything wrong with taking these – does it affect anything and is there a best time of day to take them or a best meal to take them with? <---vitamins and what not should be fine on your normal schedule. No idea about the skin care supplements11. Sodium - should I be keeping this low? Though I only salt my eggs....Sounds fine. If you're getting really bloated and already toyed with your carb intake then this would be the next thing to look at.Thank you all for your patience as I’m sure most of this is answered somewhere – I will continue to post and research but I’m sure it will lead to more questions!

Are you doing Strength Accumulation or Density Bulking? What is you training program like.Oh ya....WELCOME!

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

Strength AccumulationAs for my training, it's usually 6 days a week around 1.5 hours, rarely less than that but not more than 2 hours. Right now it consists of a 3-day split with pyramids starting with 10-12 reps and increasing the weight until I can't do more than 3 reps or so.Thank you for taking the time to answer those questions....it's been interesting so far! I am surprisingly not hungry in the mornings as my only meal is around 2:00-3:00 until the evening.....

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Agree with all the above suggestions.  I personally do supplement with fiber.  I would recommend chia seeds and plain psyllium husk. 

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

Thank you!A little over a week now and so far so good though the weekend seemed to be a little trickier....I have to research the other food options a little more!!

kp7

Glad to see other women are doing CBL too.  Just started, and looking forward to the forum. Hoping I will find all the answer to my questions here.Thanks everyone!!!

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

(I'm adding this here in case I didn't place the original in the right spot….)Ok - so I'm on day 15.I was not too happy yesterday as I've put on about 5 pounds since starting. My assumption is that I've overdone the CBL nights. I woke up this morning "ready to quit" - I was just in an awnry mood anyhow... But went to the gym and felt MUCH better though I definitely (sp?) need to tone up. I decided I'm going to stick with this and just ask for some advice/help. Below is my current "day"..... Monday through Friday as I train 6 days a week.8AM PREWORKOUTCoffee ad libitum9:00-10:45 Weight TrainingSo first issue I'm coming across is that I don't seem have time for BOTH the post-training and Ignition formula....can I do a combo? Here's what I did this morning:11:30 AM POST TRAININGHypertrophic Potentiator formulaCoffee + 300mg caffeine powderWhey Isolate 10gLeucine 5 gCreatine 5 gMCT oil (coconut milk/oil ) 1 g of MCTSo am I totally screwing it up? What problems do you see with this (above)?1:30 LUNCH2 eggs/3 slices natural bacon/.5oz cheese/green and red peppers/onion2:00-8:00pm or so I'm teaching so I don't eat at all....8PM EVENINGA shake containing about 10 grams of hydrolysate and 5 grams of leucine1 large bakery cookie (3 - inch)Small pizza (600 cal/28f/62c/26p)1/4 pint ice creamNow over the weekend I did pretty good not eating more than fat/protein until 6pm and then I think I just overdid the carbs.....Before in the evening I was having 1.5 cookies, 2 medium pieces of cherry cream cheese coffee cake and the pizza so I think the changes above should be good but I'd like any input. I don't do cardio - I hate cardio but do you think I should add it? And if so - when?? I can either do it first thing in the morning, before or after weight training or 10:00pm at night.....Thoughts? Suggestions? Thank you!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Female NoOB – I have questions – thank you for your time in advance!!

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?