First Carb Nite..I think I’m gonna be sick…

• This topic has 6 voices and 17 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

AnnLUX

Oh man…. first carb nite… think I'm going to be sick.. *Ugh*It was weird, I wasn't even craving any carbs at all. Barely hungry to be honest. Had to choke all this food down. Breakfast was ULC: 2 slice bacon, 2 sausages & coffee w/ CO & stevia & HWCThe rest of the day:2 cookiesspaghetti & meatballssalad w/ mustard vinagrettedouble decker taco supreme <-- YUM!handful of cheeriesscoop of ice cream2 donut holesUghh.... So how'd I do for my first carb nite? Blah..Only thing that sucks is I couldn't get into the gym today. 🙁 My gym was shut down for remodeling. Plan on just doing some HIIT & real heavy lifting tomorrow. Looks like it's gonna be a leg & back day w/ a 15min HIIT tabata workout. Yikes!

Richard Schmitt

How'd you feel exactly the next morning? and look?Saw that you had pasta...unless you had something added to it to help higher the glycemic index, pasta is really a no-go for a Carb Nite/Backload. Due to the ingriedents and it not being really ideal. Gluten issues as well. I'm sure you can, but with the ice cream, you can tolerate dairy alright? Handful of cherries not bad, as long as it wasn't the main source of your Carb Nite, nothing to worry about. That whole fructose deal.All in all, this looks like a great first Carb Nite! Hope you honestly enjoyed it and looked forward to the next 7 days leading up to it. Possibly look into making your own baked desserts, and/or gluten-free desserts avoiding bean flour and I think it was brown rice flour.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Hmmm interesting.  In hindsight, you should have just had it the next day.

Damon Amato
    Participant

Hmmm interesting.  In hindsight, you should have just had it the next day.

Indeed, what fun is carb nite if you're not hungry?  And yes, ditch the pasta. If I ate that I'd feel like junk all night too.

AnnLUX

Oh crap…no pasta? Oops. I figured it would be a good go to. 🙁 I messed up…Oh well, 1st one under my belt. I actually don't feel bad at all. Just bloated as all hell. About to down my first cup of coffee w/ CO, HWC, & stevia and get ready to hit the gym. It's weird, how when Carb Nite came, I didn't even CRAVE carbs. I just ate carbs to.... well,...eat carbs!  😛I am HAPPY to get back to keto eating. Gonna be hard since I'll be in Santa Barbara all weekend at a wedding. But I'll just have to really watch what I'm eating. 🙁 I'm gonna be "THAT" person that's a pain in the ass to go eat with. Oh well,... ^_^Thanks for the support guys! What are your suggestions other than pasta & does stuff HAVE to be gluten free for Carb Nite? We've got awesome gluten-free bakeries here in the SF/Oakland area, but holy shitballs do they charge a ton for some stuff!

Richard Schmitt

Oh no it doesn't have to be gluten-free, just that it proves to be beneficial to a lot of people. Especially since you feel bloated, I would guess because of the pasta. But baked goods are great along with white rice and baked sweet potatoes. Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

That's how you know you did it right. ;]But yeah, Tex is right, going gluten free gets better results for people, plus more gluten free baked goods are super high GI. Just try to avoid bean and brown rice flours.You can get some rice pasta, I'm sure some of it is white rice, and then make some red sauce that has some sugar (Dextrose is even better) and that is a great carb night meal.

AnnLUX

And honestly, couldn't really sleep well. Woke up pretty early. Didn't get any nightsweats, either. Just woke up thirsty as all hell…

AnnLUX

That's how you know you did it right. ;]But yeah, Tex is right, going gluten free gets better results for people, plus more gluten free baked goods are super high GI. Just try to avoid bean and brown rice flours.You can get some rice pasta, I'm sure some of it is white rice, and then make some red sauce that has some sugar (Dextrose is even better) and that is a great carb night meal.

Soo....sushi? Is that a much better choice? And maybe some chinese food?

Damon Amato
    Participant

Chinese food is not very high quality in general, except the rice. Sushi is great.

Richard Schmitt

Sushi is an excellent choice! =D oh yes Chinese food would be great too. Speaking of which >=] sounds pretty good for dinner tonight or tomorrowSent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Chinese food can be good or it can be horrible. I don't eat it because I feel like I'm dying after eating at most Chinese food places around me.Sushi is always good, sushi rice is about the best rice to use for carb night.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I'd save the Chinese food for special occasions.  You are talking really “dirty” food.  As far as pasta, it is not mentioned in the Carb Nite book to avoid pasta, actually I think Kiefer says ok.  Well he has since changed his reccomendation.  So no pasta.I never understood why people love pasta so much.  I find it so bland and boring.  I'd much rather have a pizza or lasagna.  Or is lasgna considered pasta?  I don't know.

Igor Vidovic
    Participant

AnnLUX- sushi is awesome for backloads I use it once a week at least (CBL SA) Avoid specialty rolls since sauces tend to have sugar and whatnot in it. I eat a ton of nigiri and hand rolls then finish with 2 bowls of tempura ice cream.  🙂            Found a way to enjoy pasta and  feel good the next day. Phó.  Or rice noodles in a homemade dish of your choice. either way you'll get your carbs up without feeling like shit.

training log
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yQ7u-n9iU7R910fUgcAEo5NJoUZzT3w1zLC5qYyaGZE/edit#gid=1795865688

AnnLUX

I never understood why people love pasta so much.  I find it so bland and boring.  I'd much rather have a pizza or lasagna.  Or is lasgna considered pasta?  I don't know.

Yes, lasagna is pasta! Btw, pasta isn't about the pasta to be honest, it's about the amazing sauce! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First Carb Nite..I think I’m gonna be sick…

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?