Fluffy and disappointed

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Jenny Warmingham
    Participant

I am a little discouraged! I am going into my third week and I’m not very pleased. Before starting CNS, I was following keto diet- high fats, moderate protein (roughly 80-95g) and I lost 3lbs. Three weeks ago I started following Kiefer’s CNS low calorie meal plan with a higher protein ratio although my energy seems to be coming around, my body isn’t responding well. The scale is back up and I feel “watery” and fluffy- I see can in my arms, back and stomach have less definition and look thicker. I am only eating about 1450ish calories a day so I don’t feel it’s because I am over eating. I do weight train 4-5 days and 2-3 hiit sessions a week. Maybe I should CBL instead, any women have this experience??

Richard Schmitt

You’re doing too much while on CNS. Drop the HIIT and continue lifing, I’d get you on CBL personally. Being glycogen depleted you’re going to have that flat, bloated look.

Anton Dawson
    Participant

Tex,

Silly question I guess but how can you look flat and bloated being glycogen depleted? Flat I generally understand but bloated is new to me.

Makoto Tomizawa
    Participant

@add6206 – When muscles are trying to repair themselves, they hold onto water. So because your muscles are depleted and flat, the water retention could make you look just bloated. It could also happen if you overload with sodium and not drink enough fluid or get enough potassium to balance it out. At least I’m pretty sure that’s what happens.
    Sorry I’m not Mr. Tex lol

Training Log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vuwHRdBaPVILxxLhXly_N1Ys66Hcwk4j-bM7nvKSLrI/edit?usp=sharing

Richard Schmitt

It will the some experimentation as well. Just to see what you look like full of glycogen and go a few days without carbs to get a feel of what that looks like for you. Being bloated you’ll notice, because you have say your stomach “pushed out” and look less than defined. Feel and looking flat you’ll be a bit watery, flabby because your muscles are not filled with glycogen, and you’ll feel relatively weak.

Yre was also spot on.

Anton Dawson
    Participant

Thanks, I saw that mentioned in regards to the water retention for the repair but hasn’t made the connection bigger picture.

Hopefully I am not hijacking the thread but I’m struggling with similar issues as Jenny W

Robert Haas
    Participant

I am a little discouraged! I am going into my third week and I’m not very pleased. Before starting CNS, I was following keto diet- high fats, moderate protein (roughly 80-95g) and I lost 3lbs. Three weeks ago I started following Kiefer’s CNS low calorie meal plan with a higher protein ratio although my energy seems to be coming around, my body isn’t responding well. The scale is back up and I feel “watery” and fluffy- I see can in my arms, back and stomach have less definition and look thicker. I am only eating about 1450ish calories a day so I don’t feel it’s because I am over eating. I do weight train 4-5 days and 2-3 hiit sessions a week. Maybe I should CBL instead, any women have this experience??

Food allergies can cause water retention from the resulting inflammation. If you were on a keto diet and didn’t have water retention problem then try cutting out all suspect carbs until the problem goes away then adding them back in one by one at a 2 week interval until you figure out which is the culprit.

The eyes can't see what the mind doesn't understand.

Jean Martin
    Participant

It’s possible that you might not be eating enough calories. I don’t know how much you weigh so I can’t be sure. From what I understand when you don’t eat enough calories your metabolism slows down then add in all that exercise and your body fights to hang on to fat. I can almost guarantee with the amount of exercise you describe 1450 cal is not enough.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Fluffy and disappointed

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?