Funny Lifting / Dieting Pictures

• This topic has 15 voices and 161 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 162 total)
  • Author

Fairy

Yeah. I swear in the US/Aus/wherever you are, you must have much cooler gyms than in London/UK. I have to use the ONE Olympic bar in the gym off the bench press to do deadlifts. Seriously.

NZ. And no my gym doesnt have a trap bar. Figured being in the UK you guys would have the better equipment! LOL.

🙁 Nope! My gym has so many bloody cardio machines they can't even fit a squat rack in.

Jason Berrigan
    Participant

Jason Berrigan
    Participant

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Yea I can't tell you how many people I got into arguments with over creatine.  They are always the “I don't want to get too big guys”, when getting big is the least of their worries because they don't even workout or if they don't really do anything.

Jason Berrigan
    Participant

Jason Berrigan
    Participant

Jason Berrigan
    Participant

Jason Berrigan
    Participant

devilmanVISA

I know that.  The point was that not all powerlifters are fat.  I personally spoke to Hannah at the weigh in and at the meet and I can assure you she was not fat and the difference between the days wasn't extremely noticeable.  Plus it is a cool photo.

Wasn't trying to be overly critical Bob, just putting the picture into context, the same way I would do if you had posted a backstage shot of an IFBB bikini girl.I also never suggested Hannah was fat. Clearly she isn't, or she wouldn't show such definition even when dried out and depleted. The intent was that 10lbs of water and muscle glycogen can make a significant difference in the way she looks from one day to the next.I get the feeling that you somehow think I'm a prick, an idiot, a torrential agitator of the shit-pot, or some combination of all of the above.

I know. But we're talking Small Waist VS 2x Body Weight DL. It's not fair that I have to choose 🙁

Hon, you don't have to choose. My wife is 5'7", 130lbs, 26" waist, and pulls over 300 for singles. It can be difficult to achieve both at the same time though. By difficult I mean "may take longer." Pick a goal, and stick with it until you get it, then shift your focus. Also, if you don't want to build a thicker waist, avoid dumbbell side bends like the plague, and wear a belt strapped down tight on all squats, deadlifts, and anything that will engage your abdominal muscles. Limit your ab movements to plank, side plank, reverse crunches, the ab wheel, stuff like that.I LOL'd hard at that Zumba pic. That's some funny shit. Makes me wanna hop into a Zumba class so I can execute a button hook pattern in super slow mo.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I know that.  The point was that not all powerlifters are fat.  I personally spoke to Hannah at the weigh in and at the meet and I can assure you she was not fat and the difference between the days wasn't extremely noticeable.  Plus it is a cool photo.

Wasn't trying to be overly critical Bob, just putting the picture into context, the same way I would do if you had posted a backstage shot of an IFBB bikini girl.I also never suggested Hannah was fat. Clearly she isn't, or she wouldn't show such definition even when dried out and depleted. The intent was that 10lbs of water and muscle glycogen can make a significant difference in the way she looks from one day to the next.I get the feeling that you somehow think I'm a prick, an idiot, a torrential agitator of the shit-pot, or some combination of all of the above.

Well I suppose some people wouldn't be aware of it and but when I said "weigh in" I was implying that she was depleted.  To be honest, I did feel like you were trolling me.

devilmanVISA

To be honest, I did feel like you were trolling me.

Was never my intention mate 🙂

Fairy

I know. But we're talking Small Waist VS 2x Body Weight DL. It's not fair that I have to choose 🙁

Hon, you don't have to choose. My wife is 5'7", 130lbs, 26" waist, and pulls over 300 for singles. It can be difficult to achieve both at the same time though. By difficult I mean "may take longer." Pick a goal, and stick with it until you get it, then shift your focus. Also, if you don't want to build a thicker waist, avoid dumbbell side bends like the plague, and wear a belt strapped down tight on all squats, deadlifts, and anything that will engage your abdominal muscles. Limit your ab movements to plank, side plank, reverse crunches, the ab wheel, stuff like that.I LOL'd hard at that Zumba pic. That's some funny shit. Makes me wanna hop into a Zumba class so I can execute a button hook pattern in super slow mo.

Hmm. Thanks for letting me know. My goal is 24-25", I was previously around that when I was skinny-fat :/ (I'm 5'3)Don't worry, I don't do ANY ab exercises or side bends. Interesting idea about wearing a weight belt (like a corset!). I've never heard of that. Anyway, I currently have a lot of fat to lose (20 lbs) so, that will probably help to a point.

Fairy

I can't believe the yoga one. The worst thing is the women aren't even doing anything. I think I would have to kick some teeth out of his face.

Bodynsoil
    Participant

I can't believe the yoga one. The worst thing is the women aren't even doing anything. I think I would have to kick some teeth out of his face.

Yeah... Ummm noSent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Hmm. Thanks for letting me know. My goal is 24-25", I was previously around that when I was skinny-fat :/ (I'm 5'3)Don't worry, I don't do ANY ab exercises or side bends. Interesting idea about wearing a weight belt (like a corset!). I've never heard of that. Anyway, I currently have a lot of fat to lose (20 lbs) so, that will probably help to a point.

Make sure you don't push out on the belt.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 162 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Funny Lifting / Dieting Pictures

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?