Galacto-Oligosaccharides

• This topic has 7 voices and 20 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Gnomer
    Participant

in the latest podcast he talks about GOS.. anyone know any place that sells this stuff? Jarrow Formulas used to have a GOS syrup but it's been discontinued.. searching around I don't really see products with this. I know FOS(inulin) is pretty popular supplement just never really seen GOS

Richard Schmitt

I would look for Probiotics that contain it. I'm looking around too.

Gnomer
    Participant

I would look for Probiotics that contain it. I'm looking around too.

found one but was to expensive. $40 bucks for only 5ozhttp://www.amazon.com/ProBiota-Immune-grams-Seeking-Health/dp/B004JCL3E2

Richard Schmitt

Uh yeah let's keep checking ;D

Justin Guimond
    Participant

yeah, the two on Amazon's all I've found… Jarrow seems to have discontinued theira.  The wikipedia article lists the 4-5 manufacturers (Japan and Europe though).

Richard Schmitt

I like to have good gut health as much as possible (even though I don't), I can't think that is a reasonable price.

Jeff Williams
    Participant

Probiotic rule of thumb = 10 different strands and 10 million count.  This will get you what you need when it comes to probiotics, just as long as what you buy isn't containing fillers.

Gl;itch.e

drink milk

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Didn't Kiefer say that stuff was useless?

Gnomer
    Participant

no he recommends using it couple times in the podcast actually instead of resistent starch..

Richard Schmitt

no he recommends using it couple times in the podcast actually instead of resistent starch..

+1, yeah during the time you have carbs. I wonder what brand they were using?

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I could've sworn he said it has supposed benefits, but he didn't notice a difference when he was using it.

Scope75

I could've sworn he said it has supposed benefits, but he didn't notice a difference when he was using it.

X2Dr.Rocky said he used both and didn't see any difference.

Gl;itch.e

Reductionist science meets market profiteering. Drink milk.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Reductionist science meets market profiteering. Drink milk.

Would that have the same effect?  GOS isn't fully digested.  I am under the impression that the galactose (broken down from lactose) is.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Galacto-Oligosaccharides

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?