General Gym Admirations

• This topic has 13 voices and 35 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author

Scope75

My gym is great and only has one member and that's me. LolWorking out at home works best for me and I have pretty much everything and will start buying machines soon too.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

My gym is great and only has one member and that's me. LolWorking out at home works best for me and I have pretty much everything and will start buying machines soon too.

Yea a home gym would be great, but for me, I would only want to do it if I had training partners.  I just like the atmosphere of having others train around me, even if they aren't my training partner.

Groogrux

For me, the knowledge that I'm paying for my membership and I'm wasting it if I don't go is what keeps me motivated to keep going to the gym.  I have had my own home gym in the past but hardly ever used it.Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Fairy

Fab answer Groog!! Whatever motivates you 🙂I've started hopping onto the treadmill for a walk during 3 minute rest breaks (gets the circulation going in my legs again!) so I've finally found a use for the many treadmills in my gym 😉 It also helps me to make sure I actually take a 3 min rest break.

Scope75

For me, the knowledge that I'm paying for my membership and I'm wasting it if I don't go is what keeps me motivated to keep going to the gym.  I have had my own home gym in the past but hardly ever used it.Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

I'm the opposite and would make any excuse to not go to the gym but when it at my house I have now excuses on why I'm unable to workout.

Richard Schmitt

I would opt for having a complete set of weight and machines in a garage than go to a gym nowadays

Gator87
    Participant

Why did you choose your gym? Open 24 hours a day.  Although I try to stick with the preferred 5 p.m. time slot, the hours are nice when I need to be more flexible.  Yes, I have lifted at 11:00 p.m. on a Friday night and had the gym to myself.  The life of a boring married guy.  What's cool about your gym? Not a lot socializing.  Most people hit it hard and get out.  Big screens everywhere, even a 100 inch projection screen.  Nice to get caught up your sports while resting between sets.  Have you ever seen anyone doing something that inspired you at your gym?The girl that comes in every night and does vertical/upside down pushups on the wall and contorts herself like a pretzel!!  Amazing because she does not look strong.    List anything else you notice, or love about your gym? Most of the PTs are pretty cool and don’t hog equipment.  They will let you work in if they are using multiple pieces of equipment

Fairy

Amazing 🙂 I want to be able to do handstand push-ups. She must have very strong delts!!

Phatty

If I had the space, the first thing I'd buy is a good power cage, bench, 20kg barbell and a bunch of plates.For now I'll settle for the 24 hour Fitness First, with it's out of shape PT's, elderly old men and the teens attempting to curl 25kg.

Scope75

If I had the space, the first thing I'd buy is a good power cage, bench, 20kg barbell and a bunch of plates.For now I'll settle for the 24 hour Fitness First, with it's out of shape PT's, elderly old men and the teens attempting to curl 25kg.

That's pretty much what I have but with a lot more weight around. I'll be buying a few more things and I'll be set.

Bodynsoil
    Participant

Amazing 🙂 I want to be able to do handstand push-ups. She must have very strong delts!!

I would like to do planche pushupsSent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I learned two things about my gym.1.  The monolift I train with is one of the first monolifts ever built.2.  A Bench press at my gym was once used for the world record for raw bench.  Here is a youtube video of it:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9KIYGwAqpA.  It isn't my gym, but that is one of the benches at my gym, I have used it several times.  I also met Jamie Harris twice.  As a matter of fact, I was training with him two days ago.

preppypyro

Im another one that has a gym at home. I built my own squat rack, and have some other stuff set up, and I just love it compared to actually going to a gym. I crank on some tunes, or throw on a movie, and train away. One of the best things I have is a heavy bag. Have a bad day, throw some gloves on and smash away on a heavy bag for awhile, it feels great! Specially with a little Metallica blasting away!

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Im another one that has a gym at home. I built my own squat rack, and have some other stuff set up, and I just love it compared to actually going to a gym. I crank on some tunes, or throw on a movie, and train away. One of the best things I have is a heavy bag. Have a bad day, throw some gloves on and smash away on a heavy bag for awhile, it feels great! Specially with a little Metallica blasting away!

Pictures!  I just love the look of homemade equipment!

Fairy

I learned two things about my gym.1.  The monolift I train with is one of the first monolifts ever built.2.  A Bench press at my gym was once used for the world record for raw bench.  Here is a youtube video of it:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9KIYGwAqpA.  It isn't my gym, but that is one of the benches at my gym, I have used it several times.  I also met Jamie Harris twice.  As a matter of fact, I was training with him two days ago.

Wow. That sounds like a very cool gym!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

General Gym Admirations

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?