General Gym Observations

• This topic has 61 voices and 498 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 499 total)
  • Author

TheDan
    Participant

Some people haven't always been in good shape and like to show off their body because they are proud of what they accomplished. As for the girls with their guts hanging out please cover it up until then 🙂 when I was a flabby 260 I didn't wear a speedo to the gym because I knew it would gross people out. Please have some courtesy is all I'm saying.

But now you do wear a speedo to the gym...?

Effin eh! You don't? 

Jonathan H Blough
    Participant

There are some guys at my gym who always wear lifting gloves on the treadmill.Apparently they don't want their grip to fail or develop calluses on their hands while...running  ???

Lasse Elsbak
    Participant

Apparently they don't want their grip to fail or develop calluses on their hands while…running

Do gloves make your grip better? I've tried it, but I found that gloves were more of a detriment to my grip, causing me to fail on heavy deadlifts. They can prevent calluses, but for me they make my grip worse.Sorry for the derail!

jtrouve63

When I was going to Gold's when I lived in Rhode Island there was a dude who used to go there who:-parked his motorcycle on the side walk outside, not in a parking spot like everyone else-wear combat boots and a black bandana-drink 3-4 red bulls during his training and left the empty cans wherever he finished them-did DB preachers with 90-100 lbs (this guy was in the 160-170 range) and lower the weight two to three inches and return it to the starting position-come to think of it, I don't think i ever saw him do any exercise except biceps

jsmith

-come to think of it, I don't think i ever saw him do any exercise except biceps

apparently its bicep day everyday at the gym i go to.

acarnovale

Apparently they don't want their grip to fail or develop calluses on their hands while...running

Do gloves make your grip better? I've tried it, but I found that gloves were more of a detriment to my grip, causing me to fail on heavy deadlifts. They can prevent calluses, but for me they make my grip worse.Sorry for the derail!

The only thing that helps your grip aside from training it specifically is chalk. Also, don't worry about preventing callouses. Just do enough maintenance so that they don't rip off.

pshannon

She was back, Did some rope push-downs. You know thats how you get rid of that behind the arm fat!

Jonathan H Blough
    Participant

Apparently they don't want their grip to fail or develop calluses on their hands while...running

The only thing that helps your grip aside from training it specifically is chalk. Also, don't worry about preventing callouses. Just do enough maintenance so that they don't rip off.

I don't use gloves, so I can't speak from experience, but I've seen them marketed as a way to help your grip. Either way, there is certainly no point in wearing them on the treadmill.Another observation:About a year ago, my gym got some weightlifting chains. One of the CrossFit certified personal trainers thought it would be a good idea to attach it to the weighted chin/dip belt and make his clients run around the track dragging it behind them. Before finishing even one lap, the chain got caught on a railing and the guy came to an abrupt stop.I don't think the client was injured, but it couldn't have felt too good.

sigma

I understand that not everyone wants to drop money on some workout gloves, but I've seen 3-4 people at my gym workout in full on winter gloves.  I've even seen one dude do pulldowns wearing mittens.  Another reason why I don't shake hands at the gym.  Also: gentlemen, please wash your hands after using the restroom.  It's gross to be in the men's room and watch a guy walk straight from the urinal to the dumbell rack. 

jtrouve63

Saw a dude twice this weekend in the gym with sunglasses, baseball hat cocked at the college bro angle, and shorts that were tighter and shorter than my girlfriends

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

The college bro angle!  Haha I always wanted to know the term for that.  I hate to admit it, but I wore gloves for a period of time.  As far as shorts I actually wear short shorts when I am a at the gym, not daisy duke short, but pretty short.  What I don't get are all the guys who walk around in basketball shorts, at my gym you would think it was an NBA game.  How the hell can you squat in those things?

Zach516

The college bro angle!  Haha I always wanted to know the term for that.  I hate to admit it, but I wore gloves for a period of time.  As far as shorts I actually wear short shorts when I am a at the gym, not daisy duke short, but pretty short.  What I don't get are all the guys who walk around in basketball shorts, at my gym you would think it was an NBA game.  How the hell can you squat in those things?

Pretty easily. I do it all the time. Low bar to just past parallel. I hate is the roaming group of bros that insist on standing in front of the squat rack and the only lifting platform in the gym.

Big_R
    Participant

I usually wear Adidas shorts, they are pretty comfortable and stretch well while providing ample leg room.  Don't get me wrong though, i'm not trying to look like Dwayne Wade ... that's the extent of my basketball apparel  lol  i'm not wearing jerseys/jewelry/arm band/headband and all that shit.  Not to mention where i live at least, under armour and stuff is pretty damn expensive... i'm not paying $60 for 1 pair of shorts  ... that would get old.

jtrouve63

ibob, i wear the short shorts too, but im talking shorts that are above the knee. any shorter and this dudes ass would've been hanging out. the worst part is is that i saw him two days in a row and he had booty shorts on both days and they were different colors so you know he has a collection at home

Big_R
    Participant

ibob, i wear the short shorts too, but im talking shorts that are above the knee. any shorter and this dudes ass would've been hanging out. the worst part is is that i saw him two days in a row and he had booty shorts on both days and they were different colors so you know he has a collection at home

i knew a big mo fo who wore those... he was like 6'6 and 280,    the guy was a beast,  but he would hike his leg up on the bench like he was Coach Hines... LMFAO

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 499 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

General Gym Observations

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?