General Gym Observations

• This topic has 61 voices and 498 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 499 total)
  • Author

McLeod2012

This thread is awesome. I have a guy, who is a "doctor" actually, who likes to wear his Bluetooth headset in the gym and I guess randomly give orders to some guinea pig on the other line about his clients or patients or whatever and he makes sure he's extra loud when he talks about his "doctor business". That's not all. He likes to ride his bike to the gym... Oh okay, no big deal right? No... He literally brings his bike into the gym and stands it up next to the mat area for abs. Then he goes around talking about his RPMs (rotations per minute??) and how he thought his were good until he watched the olympics.. But the worst, I think, is that he thinks that just because he is a "doctor" he is the biggest fitness guru in the whole gym. You can tell he "works out", but he's nothing special... Douche.

pshannon

You cant hate on a dude not wanting his bike stolen. You CAN hate one a douche with a blue tooth

Igor Vidovic
    Participant

Most definitely +1 on hating on the douche with the Bluetooth

training log
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yQ7u-n9iU7R910fUgcAEo5NJoUZzT3w1zLC5qYyaGZE/edit#gid=1795865688

CaseyD

You cant hate on a dude not wanting his bike stolen. You CAN hate one a douche with a blue tooth

True, but how much does a bike lock cost? He's a doctor, come on lol.

McLeod2012

Haha well put it by the front desk! Not actually IN the gym! I lift at a YMCA, so he has to take it through hallways and everything…

Jonathan H Blough
    Participant

I have a bike lock, but my gym doesn't have a bike rack or anything else outside to which I could lock the bike. That could be the same situation with the Dr.This comment reminds me of a book I ran across a few years ago called The High Cost of Free Parking. I didn't read the whole thing, but the main point was that too many places are designed more for cars than people. As a result, I drive to the gym instead of riding my bike because there are plenty of places to park a car, but no place to park a bike.

Jonathan H Blough
    Participant

Observation: People setting the treadmill to the highest incline and then holding on for dear life the entire time they're on it.I saw one guy the other day who was practically hugging the display panel so he didn't fall off the back.  ::)

McLeod2012

I have a bike lock, but my gym doesn't have a bike rack or anything else outside to which I could lock the bike. That could be the same situation with the Dr.This comment reminds me of a book I ran across a few years ago called The High Cost of Free Parking. I didn't read the whole thing, but the main point was that too many places are designed more for cars than people. As a result, I drive to the gym instead of riding my bike because there are plenty of places to park a car, but no place to park a bike.

I would totally agree with you.... If we didn't have TWO huge bike racks. Haha. And I also see people with high inclines hanging on for dear life. If its making the exercise easier, usually you're doing it wrong.

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

Haven't posted on this for awhile. It's been rather quiet the last few weeks in my gym. My only random “annoyance” was last weekend. I was doing SW leg day and had just finished on the leg press and heading to the leg curl. Once I got there the guy on the machine next to me says something along the lines of “wow, you work hard – it makes me want to work harder”. Cool. I said something nice and went right back to my workout. So then I head back to the leg press (angled calf raises maybe…don't remember off hand) and I've got three plates on each side…do my first set…stand up and grab another plate…when I'm about 4 inches from loading it he's in my face. He leans on it (!!) right where I'm trying to load my weight which is now suspended mid-air because this guy was in stealth-mode. I didn't see him coming. I said “do you mind moving.” and he moves a little while I run around to load the other side. Then he decides to ask about how often I'm in the gym. OMG. Please just let me work out. And if you feel the need to talk don't hang out on my equipment while you're doing it. Sigh.

pshannon

Haven't posted on this for awhile. It's been rather quiet the last few weeks in my gym. My only random "annoyance" was last weekend. I was doing SW leg day and had just finished on the leg press and heading to the leg curl. Once I got there the guy on the machine next to me says something along the lines of "wow, you work hard - it makes me want to work harder". Cool. I said something nice and went right back to my workout. So then I head back to the leg press (angled calf raises maybe...don't remember off hand) and I've got three plates on each side...do my first set...stand up and grab another plate...when I'm about 4 inches from loading it he's in my face. He leans on it (!!) right where I'm trying to load my weight which is now suspended mid-air because this guy was in stealth-mode. I didn't see him coming. I said "do you mind moving." and he moves a little while I run around to load the other side. Then he decides to ask about how often I'm in the gym. OMG. Please just let me work out. And if you feel the need to talk don't hang out on my equipment while you're doing it. Sigh.

he wanted you bad

Gl;itch.e

Haven't posted on this for awhile. It's been rather quiet the last few weeks in my gym. My only random "annoyance" was last weekend. I was doing SW leg day and had just finished on the leg press and heading to the leg curl. Once I got there the guy on the machine next to me says something along the lines of "wow, you work hard - it makes me want to work harder". Cool. I said something nice and went right back to my workout. So then I head back to the leg press (angled calf raises maybe...don't remember off hand) and I've got three plates on each side...do my first set...stand up and grab another plate...when I'm about 4 inches from loading it he's in my face. He leans on it (!!) right where I'm trying to load my weight which is now suspended mid-air because this guy was in stealth-mode. I didn't see him coming. I said "do you mind moving." and he moves a little while I run around to load the other side. Then he decides to ask about how often I'm in the gym. OMG. Please just let me work out. And if you feel the need to talk don't hang out on my equipment while you're doing it. Sigh.

he wanted you bad

This is the only down side for a woman doing SW! (:

McLeod2012

.....geez I'm sorry. I didn't know it was that big of deal..

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

.....geez I'm sorry. I didn't know it was that big of deal..

I can't tell if that's a joke or irritation  😮 😮 😮But I will clarify that I don't mind a considerate or just curious person but I'm one of the few people (I know this might sound very full of myself but it is what it is) who actually goes to the gym to...hold your breath!...work out.

my favorite people are as followed- doin curls without bending the elbow- loading the bar with 4 plates and "squating" it 2 inches then look around like you did something- benchers with there ass off the bench -benchers with there feet on the bench to push up - cleans that look like retarded reverse curls - benchers that move the bar two inches then go back up- shrugs with over under grip - people who wear sandals 0.othats just a few things

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

- shrugs with over under grip

What's wrong with that?  You handle heavier weights and it's better than wrist straps.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 499 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

General Gym Observations

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?