General Gym Observations

• This topic has 61 voices and 498 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 499 total)
  • Author

i wasnt bein demeaning my bad if i came off that way… but i was just tryin to convey that if your goal is strength dont use straps… but as i stated there great for bodybuilding

Igor Vidovic
    Participant

No worries =) I train with both depending what my specific goal of the workout is. Many people on here are at different levels with training and diet. There's plenty of people that could teach me and you a bunch of things and plenty that can learn from us. Sorry if I came across as a d&$k

training log
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yQ7u-n9iU7R910fUgcAEo5NJoUZzT3w1zLC5qYyaGZE/edit#gid=1795865688

Big_R
    Participant

to a power lifter its silly, cuz we deal with actual functional strength, if u cant lift it, thats that work toward it straps are only good for bodybuilding not strength training

Lol  everyone is entitled to there own perspective brotha.... Thankfully either way we have the framework of a diet that allows to do both of those things.  And i highly respect powerlifting... Its an amazing sport.  so is bodybuilding 🙂  just saying that we try and support one another here no matter what the goal...  🙂    cheers!

i love it bodybuilding … have you watched kai greens day in a life series? the second part was released today on flexonline.com

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

to a power lifter like me  what you just said isnt impressive at all... its rather silly but clearly your looking for the looks of it all which is awesome ... i just much prefer the function of lifts 🙂

AliveOutOfHabit

Seems to me you're forgetting the first rule of this community... I realize you're strong and have other goals than a bunch of us but no need to beat your 2 cents in just cause its not what you do. On here someone benching 185 and being happy about it is a good thing.same thing if someone is squatting 700 raw.  Being supportive is keeping this place alive and growing.

Ok Mr. Rogers (just kidding!)Anyways I think there is just a disconnect because I know a lot of powerlifters like to use shrugs for grip development.  I do myself.  However having a big set of traps would be useful for the bench press right?  So would it be unreasonable for a powerlifter, in addition to shrugs without straps, to put on more weight and some shrugs with straps to build bigger traps faster?

upper back and front delt help with bench … check out louie simmons from west side barball he has a shit ton of info for dynamic effort and such

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

to a power lifter like me  what you just said isnt impressive at all... its rather silly but clearly your looking for the looks of it all which is awesome ... i just much prefer the function of lifts 🙂

😮Apparently this needs it's own thread lol....

Big_R
    Participant

i love it bodybuilding ... have you watched kai greens day in a life series? the second part was released today on flexonline.com

That guys a f**king animal  ... but then somehow i always end up watching ronnie coleman vids HAHA

haha ill start one “power lifting vs bodybuilding”

Big_R
    Participant

upper back and front delt help with bench ... check out louie simmons from west side barball he has a shit ton of info for dynamic effort and such

I've seen that a zillion times... i love Louie simmons because he is tough as nails...  I remember him talking about testosterone when the russians first started using itlouie: "The second i get i'm gonna try some of this stuff!"    haha,  i will never forget that line.

That guys a f**king animal  ... but then somehow i always end up watching ronnie coleman vids HAHAi like ronnie he just was so much taller then the normal body builder he looked so huge im a dorian yates guy tho and kai green i think will take olympia this yr

McLeod2012

Kai Greene yes! Idk if he will win or not but I feel like if anyone deserves it most, it's him. Or Dennis wolf because of all the arnold controversy with him taking second to branch.

Big_R
    Participant

That guys a f**king animal  ... but then somehow i always end up watching ronnie coleman vids HAHA

i like ronnie he just was so much taller then the normal body builder he looked so huge im a dorian yates guy tho and kai green i think will take olympia this yrI agree about Kai.  It's def his time to shine! As for ronnie, can you say................... Dat dere Cell tech !

McLeod2012

Dude Ronnie just took a good Multi… That's it.

ChetSteadman
    Participant

Dude Ronnie just took a good Multi... That's it.

I knew I was missing something!  ;D

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 499 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

General Gym Observations

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?