General Gym Observations

• This topic has 61 voices and 498 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 499 total)
  • Author

McLeod2012

Yeah I'm pretty sure the creatures off of The Hills Have Eyes came and worked out at my gym today…

Gl;itch.e

I wouldn't use straps, but over/under shrugs are a good way to blast your shrugs with a heavier weight than normal.  Just do two sets and flip your grip configuration.  Don't you deadlift over/under once the weight gets heavy?

Bad idea. Just use a straight grip and then switch to straps for your heavier sets. Unless of course you want a bicep tear from shrugging! LOL!!!

Thunder Mullet

Ok I feel like I've got one very few have had to deal with. So you know how a typical pullup bar has a chin-up bar on the opposite side? (In cable machine set ups for example) I'm doing pullups, which I do about once every never, and this guy decides he wants to do chin-ups… at the same time… Getting to the top of a pullup and being make out distance with another dude totally killed me on my already strong hate for pullups. Never again…

pshannon

Ok I feel like I've got one very few have had to deal with. So you know how a typical pullup bar has a chin-up bar on the opposite side? (In cable machine set ups for example) I'm doing pullups, which I do about once every never, and this guy decides he wants to do chin-ups... at the same time... Getting to the top of a pullup and being make out distance with another dude totally killed me on my already strong hate for pullups. Never again...

This is great. Thats always been one thing that I have wanted to do to people that do partial reps. Now when I think about how close our faces will be (let alone swinging legs into balls) i dont think Ill do it.

McLeod2012

Ok I feel like I've got one very few have had to deal with. So you know how a typical pullup bar has a chin-up bar on the opposite side? (In cable machine set ups for example) I'm doing pullups, which I do about once every never, and this guy decides he wants to do chin-ups... at the same time... Getting to the top of a pullup and being make out distance with another dude totally killed me on my already strong hate for pullups. Never again...

That is freaking hilarious. How awkward. It'd be even worse with two cross fitters doing kipping on both sides.

Jonathan H Blough
    Participant

That is freaking hilarious. How awkward. It'd be even worse with two cross fitters doing kipping on both sides.

Depends on the crossfitter. I'd be happy to do kipping pullups with her.  😉crossfit-girls-12.jpg

Big_R
    Participant

Depends on the crossfitter. I'd be happy to do kipping pullups with her.  😉crossfit-girls-12.jpg

WOw!  🙂    Id have to agree w/ you on that note!

TheDan
    Participant

Nice, that is a very firm looking medicine ball!

Damon Amato
    Participant

you'll poke your eye out.

CptSmash

I've got these for days…1. Yesterday, two guys, Oly platform, performing (trying to perform) clean and jerks.  One guy is back behind the exerciser, who is man handling 1.25 (I use dollar and cents for weight nomenclature) up to shoulder height then trying to get the push press to lockout.  The spotter in the back has to help occasionally with the locking out of the elbows.  The form was so bad it wasn't even funny--I'd say it was worse than you're typical crossfitter.  Really close on saying something on this one, but I was a good boy and put on my blinders.  Darwinism at its finest!2.  A squad of about 8-9 guys are in doing some sort of fitness challenge.  The tallest squat rack has a set of pullup handles on the top of it, so they guys are ripping out horrible looking pullups, or struggling to get one or two.  There's one female that is about 5'3", whom when it's her time they get two guys on the ground, so she can stand on their backs (she still ins't tall enough to reach the bars), then she's got two other guys trying to hoist her up to the bars from the side.  The bars are still 2' out of reach.  I had to speak up in that one though, because it was the most retarded thing I'd ever seen.  -"Hey, whose in charge here?"  -Tall, scrawny guy, "I am, sir, we're doing a fitness challenge."  -"Check and roger, got it.  But what the hell are you doing?  Does that look safe?  There are about 20 other pullup stations that aren't on the roof of the building?  Plus, how in the heck is she going to get down?"  -"Uh, I see your point sir."I walk away in disgust at the agony...

Richard Schmitt

….>=[ had two idiots in the squat rack today doing curls…they looked like they've been in the gym before. Though the funny thing that happened afterwards, with enough dirty looks they finally stopped and left.

jsmith

saw a guy doing squats in my curl rack today  >:( ;D

Richard Schmitt

Must have been me.

jsmith

Must have been me.

i was joking. There was a guy doing curls in the squat rack which is pretty common. The strange part was that it was an experienced lifter. usually more experienced lifters know not to do that. or am i wrong?

Richard Schmitt

Must have been me.

i was joking. There was a guy doing curls in the squat rack which is pretty common. The strange part was that it was an experienced lifter. usually more experienced lifters know not to do that. or am i wrong?

I knew that, I was joking back. But yeah I guess those type of "experienced lifters" think they can get away with stupid crap like that.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 499 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

General Gym Observations

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?