General Gym Observations

• This topic has 61 voices and 498 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 499 total)
  • Author

P.J.
    Participant

Alright what do you guys think is more frustrating and annoying?  The crap you see and hear in the gym and the world of training or the crap you hear in the world of nutrition?

Fairy

Nutrition annoys me more, because everyone eats but only some people train

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I think the training crap is more annoying.  My reasoning is because I feel most of the training crap I hear just goes against common sense.  To be honest, I really can't blame anybody for buying into the poor nutrition advice because it is so heavily promoted by organizations people trust.

P.J.
    Participant

Then I guess you could say the training crap is more annoying but the nutrition crap is more sad.  🙁

Fairy

Hmmm…. Let me put it this way: If I could use my magic wand to fix the general consensus on either nutrition or training, it would have to be nutrition. That would have a far bigger impact on people's lives

P.J.
    Participant

Hmmm.... Let me put it this way: If I could use my magic wand to fix the general consensus on either nutrition or training, it would have to be nutrition. That would have a far bigger impact on people's lives

Agreed.

Big_R
    Participant

Then I guess you could say the training crap is more annoying but the nutrition crap is more sad.  🙁

In regards to nutrition: I would use the word "misleading" more than anything.  Unfortunately, if a newbie wants to get in shape he/she/shim/ is going to follow typical nomenclature passed from idiot to idiot, which mind you is READILY available 24/7/365.... that is: "eat all your carbs before six, and make sure they are complex carbs, and avoid fat at all costs"....I don't care if you are trying to get BIG or get small...... that's bad advice and it's conveniently available to you almost everywhere you are, by almost everyone.  seems like Knowledgeable people are few and far between!

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

In regards to nutrition: I would use the word "misleading" more than anything.  Unfortunately, if a newbie wants to get in shape he/she/shim/ is going to follow typical nomenclature passed from idiot to idiot, which mind you is READILY available 24/7/365.... that is: "eat all your carbs before six, and make sure they are complex carbs, and avoid fat at all costs"....I don't care if you are trying to get BIG or get small...... that's bad advice and it's conveniently available to you almost everywhere you are, by almost everyone.  seems like Knowledgeable people are few and far between!

That's the thing though.  People often determine who is knowledgable by their credentials.  The credentials that matter to people are either a traditionally trained person (MD, Nutritionist, or Trainer) or a person who has the physique they desire.  I try to inform as many people as I can on how to eat properly, but people dismiss me because I do not have a formal education in anything health related and I much more muscular than what most people want to be.

Damon Amato
    Participant

Bumper plates on the bench press?  Really?Even worse, regular plates were right behind him.

Big_R
    Participant

Gonna GetPill As Your GonnaOr Magic Oil

In regards to nutrition: I would use the word "misleading" more than anything.  Unfortunately, if a newbie wants to get in shape he/she/shim/ is going to follow typical nomenclature passed from idiot to idiot, which mind you is READILY available 24/7/365.... that is: "eat all your carbs before six, and make sure they are complex carbs, and avoid fat at all costs"....I don't care if you are trying to get BIG or get smAsall...... that's bad advice and it's conveniently available to you almost everywhere you are, by almost everyone.  seems like Knowledgeable people are few and far between!

That's the thing though.  People often determine who is knowledgable by their credentials.  The credentials that matter to people are either a traditionally trained person (MD, Nutritionist, or Trainer) or a person who has the physique they desire.  I try to inform as many people as I can on how to eat properly, but people dismiss me because I do not have a formal education in anything health related and I much more muscular than what most people want to be.

So True! Good Advise Is About as Close To A Shortcut Or Magic Pill As Your Gonna get And Ppl Just Have Immediate Disregard For It.  Oh How Sad

P.J.
    Participant

Exactly.  People care more about the title behind somebody's name than they do about the actual information that he or she is sharing.

jtrouve63

Saw a dude today drinking water out of a glass jar. Looked like an old jar of pickles. Invest $8 in a nalgene or something bro

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Bumper plates on the bench press?  Really?Even worse, regular plates were right behind him.

I once put bumper plates on a plate loaded hack squat machine at the gym I used to work out at in college haha.  They were the only plates around! 

pshannon

I once put bumper plates on a plate loaded hack squat machine at the gym I used to work out at in college haha.  They were the only plates around!

I love thinking back about off the crazy things I use to do in the gym. I seriously was one of these people we are talking about now! Im not embarrassed though

Fairy

I have to admit, I have done some weird experiments in the gym…

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 499 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

General Gym Observations

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?