General Gym Observations

• This topic has 61 voices and 498 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 499 total)
  • Author

pshannon

Big R, I couldn't agree with you more here. But you nit picking. Your only talking about Pull-ups here as well, for chins they can be more versatile, and not the “greatest” exercise to build thickness. Pull-ups will do that with the chin tucked. Saying that I dont think that 90% of the population can do a proper chin up so does it really matter?@fairy why are you climbing trees?

Igor Vidovic
    Participant

@fairy why are you climbing trees?

+1

training log
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yQ7u-n9iU7R910fUgcAEo5NJoUZzT3w1zLC5qYyaGZE/edit#gid=1795865688

Fairy

I climb just about anything I can get my hands on 🙂 You should see me in the subway. Er, okay. I don't want to be wide or thick, or target my teres major (what ever that is). I just want to be able to do a single arm pull-up and 'lock off' (stay up there). Being able to do muscle ups would be cool just for the sake of it 😀

Big_R
    Participant

I climb just about anything I can get my hands on 🙂 You should see me in the subway.

Just for you boo  🙂  14716830_l.gif LOL

Fairy

The short answer is 'for fun' and the slightly longer answer is 'because I can' 🙂 And, the rhetorical question answer is 'why wouldn't I?'

pshannon

The short answer is 'for fun' and the slightly longer answer is 'because I can' 🙂 And, the rhetorical question answer is 'why wouldn't I?'

I don't know, if I was sitting in the subway watching a girl try to climb the wall, I would automatically go over and ask for her number. I mean who wouldnt? hahaha

My damn gym has mirrors lined up on all walls so it's really difficult not to watch yourself lift let alone do curls

I look at myself in the mirror b/c I am a sexy beast.  LOL.  😛Nah, my gym is like a fucking fun house, it has wall-to-wall mirrors, and wall-to-wall douchebags like those mentioned above.Cory

Cheat curls are my favorite bicep exercise.

They were also Arnold's, and look at his arms!  Still, to this day, one of the best sets in bodybuilding.Cory

Perfect response, b/c it cannot be argued.  😉You do it, essentially, b/c you can and want to.Cory

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

My damn gym has mirrors lined up on all walls so it's really difficult not to watch yourself lift let alone do curls

No kidding - it's kind of nuts. When guys get in front of me and notice that they are in my view of myself in the mirror they always act so apologetic. My response is always "there's a lot of mirror in here". I just turn my head to either side LOLMy only interesting gym observation today was a couple....ok side rant!! Why do couples have to do the same exercise in sync...now that always wierds me out...(cont.) who used the squat rack with multiple bands while also using the bosu ball. They had to help each other get into the bands each time...looked like 1-legged squats with one leg on the bosu and the other hanging from a band tied to the top of the rack...I ALMOST took a picture...

Richard Schmitt

Should have taken a picture. I'm tempted start carrying my phone to take pictures at the people in my gym.

Should have taken a picture. I'm tempted start carrying my phone to take pictures at the people in my gym.

Keep it on the down-low, b/c some locals may not be too keen, and may get restless.  😉Cory

Richard Schmitt

Yeah. I'll act like I'm texting or logging my numbers haha

CptSmash

No taking your phone into the gym with you unless you have a high speed phone to take pictures/video of someone's max effort or form shots. I could smack those people hogging benches and gym locales while texting on their phones.  Drop the phone, pick up some weights, or go find a piece of cardio equipment and park on it.

Lasse Elsbak
    Participant

No taking your phone into the gym with you unless you have a high speed phone to take pictures/video of someone's max effort or form shots. I could smack those people hogging benches and gym locales while texting on their phones.  Drop the phone, pick up some weights, or go find a piece of cardio equipment and park on it.

My phone is my mp3-player, but I totally agree about the texting. People hogging equipment, taking 10min breaks while texting, and giving me attitude when I ask to work in. Nothing annoys me more in the gym.

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 499 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

General Gym Observations

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?