General Gym Observations

• This topic has 61 voices and 498 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 499 total)
  • Author

Big_R
    Participant

No taking your phone into the gym with you unless you have a high speed phone to take pictures/video of someone's max effort or form shots. I could smack those people hogging benches and gym locales while texting on their phones.  Drop the phone, pick up some weights, or go find a piece of cardio equipment and park on it.

My phone is my mp3-player, but I totally agree about the texting. People hogging equipment, taking 10min breaks while texting, and giving me attitude when I ask to work in. Nothing annoys me more in the gym.

+1 - also use pandora in the gym on my phone.  Beats the hell out of listening to madonna or whatever ridiculousness comes on!

No taking your phone into the gym with you unless you have a high speed phone to take pictures/video of someone's max effort or form shots. I could smack those people hogging benches and gym locales while texting on their phones.  Drop the phone, pick up some weights, or go find a piece of cardio equipment and park on it.

+1 FUCKING 1You ask to work-in, or how many sets they have left, and they get fuckin' snotty.Cory

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

+1 FUCKING 1You ask to work-in, or how many sets they have left, and they get fuckin' snotty.Cory

To be honest, I don't work in with people, unless it is something like pullups or dips.  It is just too difficult and it gets in my way.  They can wait until I am done or I can wait until they are done.  I also listen to my phone at the gym, the music at my gym is too quiet.

Big_R
    Participant

To be honest, I don't work in with people, unless it is something like pullups or dips.  It is just too difficult and it gets in my way.  They can wait until I am done or I can wait until they are done.  I also listen to my phone at the gym, the music at my gym is too quiet.

Yep.... Haha Fuck That!  Nothing Pisses Me Off more

jtrouve63

between my mean mug and my ipod, people usually don't ask to work in with me which is very nice

pshannon

between my mean mug and my ipod, people usually don't ask to work in with me which is very nice

why are you that guy mean mugging?

David Margittai
    Participant

I've gotta admit that I have a tendency to mean mug it at the gym, too. Can't really help it…when I'm around weights, I'm all business.

jtrouve63

ill take back the mean mug, i guess i just don't look like an approachable person…im really not an asshole though

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I've gotta admit that I have a tendency to mean mug it at the gym, too. Can't really help it...when I'm around weights, I'm all business.

I am told that I look mean too, which scares some people.  In gym I guess that is a benefit.  It is really just my personality, I don't smile unless something is funny.  To be honest, I don't like people that are always smiling and happy.  I find them annoying.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

ill take back the mean mug, i guess i just don't look like an approachable person...im really not an asshole though

+1 that's how I am.  I am nice if you talk to me, I just don't look approachable.

pshannon

I've gotta admit that I have a tendency to mean mug it at the gym, too. Can't really help it...when I'm around weights, I'm all business.

I am told that I look mean too, which scares some people.  In gym I guess that is a benefit.  It is really just my personality, I don't smile unless something is funny.  To be honest, I don't like people that are always smiling and happy.  I find them annoying.

You find happy people annoying? I'm all business during a set, and i judge everyone in the gym, but there is no point in being that guy

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

+1 - I think I'm just a little antisocial. I'll go find some other way to do the same exercise...not like there aren't plenty of options.And I have to +1 on being non-approachable....People have come up to me and tell me to smile more, "I'm so much prettier when I smile". Um...how stupid it would feel to smile while lifting really heavy weights...it doesn't even make sense. And I'm not there to look prettier - I'm sweaty and tired by the time I'm done. It's the last thing I care about. I definitely look like I have a purpose which probably comes off as bitchy, not because I don't like to be nice but my gym is FILLED with people who go there as a social activity. I want my 60-90minute workout to be 60-90minutes of working out, not 40 minutes of talking thrown in there. And I've noticed that once you start up a conversation - EVERY time you go back they expect another full on conversation. I just avoid it altogether...

I agree, with Squats or Benching, for instance, it is not worth working in.  Pullups, Dips, Machines, Cables, Dumbbells... that is a different story.I tend to just wait for a station in the cases where it is not preferable.That said, when I ask how many sets someone has, and the reply is "I just started!"  That isn't much fucking help.  Even an estimation would be nice... 3, 4, 5, etc.  Give me some concept of how long I will be waiting, or if I should take my chances (in a packed gym), and do something else, and come back.Cory

CptSmash

I let the gym clowns do the smiling. 

Igor Vidovic
    Participant

I usually blabber in my native tongue while I'm listening to music and training. Nobody bugs me….ever =)

training log
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yQ7u-n9iU7R910fUgcAEo5NJoUZzT3w1zLC5qYyaGZE/edit#gid=1795865688

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 499 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

General Gym Observations

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?