General Gym Observations

• This topic has 61 voices and 498 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 499 total)
  • Author

Caino
    Participant

The only reason why i look at my phone in the gym is to log the weights i just did, one thing that almost made me collapse on my squat tonight was a bloke that exhauling like a fucking car system “sheeeeeewwwwwww” man grunts and breathing techniques are just plain old wanksta

Richard Schmitt

Geez I feel like “that guy” now in the gym when I was kidding about texting. I would never do something like that in while I'm training. Just to take “observsation photos”. I was using my iPod to track my workouts but it made it seem I was on a phone. So switched to carrying my gym bag and log it in a notebook.

Big_R
    Participant

Geez I feel like "that guy" now in the gym when I was kidding about texting. I would never do something like that in while I'm training. Just to take "observsation photos". I was using my iPod to track my workouts but it made it seem I was on a phone. So switched to carrying my gym bag and log it in a notebook.

For me the worst thing is when somebody calls and interrupts the music playing on my phone.  My buddy calls me in the middle of a lift .. never fails.  It's the only time he EVER calls me and it's got to be on a heavy squat or something... then of course when i don't answer i get a text  HAHA... just enough to F**k with my head.I need a regular ass MP3 player!

Richard Schmitt

Geez I feel like "that guy" now in the gym when I was kidding about texting. I would never do something like that in while I'm training. Just to take "observsation photos". I was using my iPod to track my workouts but it made it seem I was on a phone. So switched to carrying my gym bag and log it in a notebook.

For me the worst thing is when somebody calls and interrupts the music playing on my phone.  My buddy calls me in the middle of a lift .. never fails.  It's the only time he EVER calls me and it's got to be on a heavy squat or something... then of course when i don't answer i get a text  HAHA... just enough to F**k with my head.I need a regular ass MP3 player!

I'd be pissed! haha, I leave my phone in my car or in the locker. I never have it on me, because I'm "in the zone" so to speak. I finally found my clip MP3 player so I stuff that in my pocket or my side and go to town. I need to update the music...repeat on the same 30 songs kinda gets old...

Big_R
    Participant

I'd be pissed! haha, I leave my phone in my car or in the locker. I never have it on me, because I'm "in the zone" so to speak. I finally found my clip MP3 player so I stuff that in my pocket or my side and go to town. I need to update the music...repeat on the same 30 songs kinda gets old...

Yea see that's where i am stuck because pandora gives me options.  Plus on my android i have a modified pandora app that allows unlimited skips and on LTE there is practically no wait / buffer times. 

Richard Schmitt

Yea see that's where i am stuck because pandora gives me options.  Plus on my android i have a modified pandora app that allows unlimited skips and on LTE there is practically no wait / buffer times.

Lucky...the phone I have uses up data and don't want to spend the extra $$$ on it, and my iPod can't connect to any wifi at the gym...so I'm stuck on boring old music *tear*

Big_R
    Participant

Lucky...the phone I have uses up data and don't want to spend the extra $$$ on it, and my iPod can't connect to any wifi at the gym...so I'm stuck on boring old music *tear*

yeah i do get throttled have way through the month though after using 6GB of data  lol...  i feel you on the $$ situation man.    thank god black friday is getting near

stever

gonna go ahead and nominate myself for this thread.once or twice a week i'll meet my brother at the gym he goes to, as i've been getting him into the big 4 and been helping him with his form etc. it's normally on my off day, so i work in on those sets, and while he does bro-lifting with his friends i'll follow it up with the most seemingly banal and pointless workout imaginable. twenty minutes of wrist curls. calf raises. calf raises. calf raises. sets of 30 on the rear delt machine. some more calf raises. stealing the barbells out of the power racks for farmer's walks. calf raises.

Big_R
    Participant

gonna go ahead and nominate myself for this thread.once or twice a week i'll meet my brother at the gym he goes to, as i've been getting him into the big 4 and been helping him with his form etc. it's normally on my off day, so i work in on those sets, and while he does bro-lifting with his friends i'll follow it up with the most seemingly banal and pointless workout imaginable. twenty minutes of wrist curls. calf raises. calf raises. calf raises. sets of 30 on the rear delt machine. some more calf raises. stealing the barbells out of the power racks for farmer's walks. calf raises.

For all those out there ... Let me show you what bro-lifting is:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2ouqPFb3hM&feature=related LOL 🙂

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

For all those out there ... Let me show you what bro-lifting is:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2ouqPFb3hM&feature=related LOL 🙂

Ok - that is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!I just forwarded to several people....Hilarious!!

Big_R
    Participant

I couldn't help but to watch it about 4 times in a row...  what a pecker-brain!

pshannon

I couldn't help but to watch it about 4 times in a row...  what a pecker-brain!

I saw a dude yesterday come into the gym looked like a MF'er that you didn't want to mess with. Upper 40s, bandana, ripped shirts, tatted up, mean fucking mugging everyone. Went over to the assisted pull up (the one where you rest your knees) and had the whole stack doing sets of 5 for pullups. Proves my point that anyone can mean mug, but you have to be able to back it up!

Richard Schmitt

I wanted to choke every stupid ass fucking kid in the gym today! And even a couple “muscle-heads”!!!First started off when I was Deadlifting, some big black guy comes up behind me, and started stretching/pulling his arms with my Squat Rack. I say mine because I was in it and I was using it. I turn around asked him literally what the fuck was he doing!?!? Wasn't being stupid but seriously! I'm using this and training unlike what he was doing T_T he just looked at me and walked away. THEN the kids...one group of them were hogging a bench, playing around on it and then after that went over to start Arms. Playing around the cables! I went over and asked to use the rope because they were not using it and gave me this lame ass excuse that they were going to use it in two sets. 6 sets went by for each...oh I was pissed off! So I missed my last movement because the gym started to get packed. I left pissed...Am I wrong?!?

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

I wanted to choke every stupid ass fucking kid in the gym today! And even a couple "muscle-heads"!!!First started off when I was Deadlifting, some big black guy comes up behind me, and started stretching/pulling his arms with my Squat Rack. I say mine because I was in it and I was using it. I turn around asked him literally what the fuck was he doing!?!? Wasn't being stupid but seriously! I'm using this and training unlike what he was doing T_T he just looked at me and walked away. THEN the kids...one group of them were hogging a bench, playing around on it and then after that went over to start Arms. Playing around the cables! I went over and asked to use the rope because they were not using it and gave me this lame ass excuse that they were going to use it in two sets. 6 sets went by for each...oh I was pissed off! So I missed my last movement because the gym started to get packed. I left pissed...Am I wrong?!?

Yes you are. You use a towel when the rope fails!I know - not the point....LOL - the black guy was probably trying to hit on you and now he's destroyed. As for the kids - yep, annoying. I would have been irritated too. (and by the way, most of that is sarcasm  😛 )

Richard Schmitt

I wanted to choke every stupid ass fucking kid in the gym today! And even a couple "muscle-heads"!!!First started off when I was Deadlifting, some big black guy comes up behind me, and started stretching/pulling his arms with my Squat Rack. I say mine because I was in it and I was using it. I turn around asked him literally what the fuck was he doing!?!? Wasn't being stupid but seriously! I'm using this and training unlike what he was doing T_T he just looked at me and walked away. THEN the kids...one group of them were hogging a bench, playing around on it and then after that went over to start Arms. Playing around the cables! I went over and asked to use the rope because they were not using it and gave me this lame ass excuse that they were going to use it in two sets. 6 sets went by for each...oh I was pissed off! So I missed my last movement because the gym started to get packed. I left pissed...Am I wrong?!?

Yes you are. You use a towel when the rope fails!I know - not the point....LOL - the black guy was probably trying to hit on you and now he's destroyed. As for the kids - yep, annoying. I would have been irritated too. (and by the way, most of that is sarcasm  😛 )

Oh I got it this time 😉If I had a towel I would have...but I left it at home, the black guy I really hope not...ewh...and the kids just don't want to talk about them again >=[

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 499 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

General Gym Observations

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?