General Gym Observations

• This topic has 61 voices and 498 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 499 total)
  • Author

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

Lol!

Eric Shaw

Geez I feel like "that guy" now in the gym when I was kidding about texting. I would never do something like that in while I'm training. Just to take "observsation photos". I was using my iPod to track my workouts but it made it seem I was on a phone. So switched to carrying my gym bag and log it in a notebook.

For me the worst thing is when somebody calls and interrupts the music playing on my phone.  My buddy calls me in the middle of a lift .. never fails.  It's the only time he EVER calls me and it's got to be on a heavy squat or something... then of course when i don't answer i get a text  HAHA... just enough to F**k with my head.I need a regular ass MP3 player!

Airplane mode

koubanator

A few from my blog.Then I ripped open my right hand on that set. lol. Want to know a way to make about 6 people puke? Lick the blood off your hands, and say "Mmmmm, salty." I died laughing.This was overheard by me from some guys who come in when they aren't out in the oil fields.  Wish I could take credit.  "Breaded salmon - Eating out a chick with a yeast infection."On another note, some fucking jackass newbie started off stealing my bench while I was dry heaving into the garbage.  Said a few choice words.  After I was done, asked him what he wanted on the bar, he started mumbling, so told him to fuck off and watched away.  Then he stole my God damn chalk for a pussy ass 135 on bench.  I will just let you use your imagination on how the day went with him.  He about got Kirk Karwoski'd.....  He complained to the management.  They told him that I was a couple of months away from a meet, and probably best just to stay away.  I laughed.

pshannon

Saw some guy today with 295 on the smith machine doing squats. I am a fan of heavy SUPER low squats on the smith machine, so I had respect for the dude when I saw the weight. He then went over and did 1/8th squats and kind of came up on his toes at the end of each rep. This was not for calfs! I was in a horrible mood so I decided to go up to him. Peter: Do those work well for calf development ? Dude 1: Not really, I use them mostly for my quads. Peter: Cool He did like 10 sets of these. Probably like some people that think they are having such an amazingly pumping session but don't even know what the fuck they are doing. He then proceeded to go over and do rope press downs with to much weight. I'm sure you know what I mean. All delt/chest/back/legs. What a douche. I'm sure he thought he was working out really hard. Moral of the story. People think they have an intense workout, but if you dont know what your doing shut the fuck up.

Big_R
    Participant

Saw some guy today with 295 on the smith machine doing squats. I am a fan of heavy SUPER low squats on the smith machine, so I had respect for the dude when I saw the weight. He then went over and did 1/8th squats and kind of came up on his toes at the end of each rep. This was not for calfs! I was in a horrible mood so I decided to go up to him. Peter: Do those work well for calf development ? Dude 1: Not really, I use them mostly for my quads. Peter: Cool He did like 10 sets of these. Probably like some people that think they are having such an amazingly pumping session but don't even know what the fuck they are doing. He then proceeded to go over and do rope press downs with to much weight. I'm sure you know what I mean. All delt/chest/back/legs. What a douche. I'm sure he thought he was working out really hard. Moral of the story. People think they have an intense workout, but if you dont know what your doing shut the fuck up.

I Use 1/8 Squats On The Smith AS A Technique Known As Progressive Overload...  But I Do It Before Real Squats So Im Not Sure What He Was Doing

Jimmy T
    Participant

Ha! I've haven't had time to go through the entire thread but I assume someone posted the classic gym termination letter from a few months ago?http://www.brobible.com/sports/article/gym-membership-termination-letterA joke of gym but the accused was surely a meathead.I workout in the morning, mostly based on my evening experiences at my gym -so many annoying characters (maybe it's not them, and it's me?!).  The morning has less of a crowd, and seems to be a more sane crowd as well.I generally keep to myself - get in, work, and get out  But there are certain folks that can't help but grab my attention.  And so I have nicknames (unknown to them) for some of my favorites. There's "quarter squat", "soprano", "half rep", "grape ape", "stink-pen", "simmons"...  I could go on but then I'd give the impression that I don't like people which is untrue.  But the confined space of a gym seems to expose the oddballs.

pshannon

I Use 1/8 Squats On The Smith AS A Technique Known As Progressive Overload...  But I Do It Before Real Squats So Im Not Sure What He Was Doing

If I would have mentioned progressive overload his brain would have exploded.

Big_R
    Participant

If I would have mentioned progressive overload his brain would have exploded.

Lol.  That's funny...      KaBOOm!

Gl;itch.e

Man Ive been seeing stuff lately that I cannot even explain! This one guy comes in wearing weights on his ankles every time Ive seen him. And everytime all he trains is seated concentration curls with EXTREMME body english (like 10 degress of elbow flexion max) and some kind of 1 arm seated clean and press. After that he will (shock horror) actually stand up... and wait for it... Does some kind of half lunge half dragonball z charging up move without any weight. Literally looks like he's trying to give himself a brain hemorrage and a rectal prolapse at the same time!

CMetler

I am now in my own garage gym…but one of my favorites from when I was in a large gym were curls with 10#s on a bosu ball  ::) feel the burn baby!

pshannon

I am now in my own garage gym...but one of my favorites from when I was in a large gym were curls with 10#s on a bosu ball  ::) feel the burn baby!

"The older, experienced lifters know exactly what I'm talking about. These are the guys that can do a biceps curl with a 20-pound dumbbell and get more out of it than a kid heaving a 135-pound barbell curl."Jim Wendler

CMetler

It was more of a knock on the bosu ball…i dont doubt you can do a lot with less weight!

I am now in my own garage gym...but one of my favorites from when I was in a large gym were curls with 10#s on a bosu ball  ::) feel the burn baby!

"The older, experienced lifters know exactly what I'm talking about. These are the guys that can do a biceps curl with a 20-pound dumbbell and get more out of it than a kid heaving a 135-pound barbell curl."Jim Wendler

pshannon

It was more of a knock on the bosu ball...i dont doubt you can do a lot with less weight!

oh I know...I just wanted to make myself feel better then I am squeezing the hell out of the 25 lb DB when the skinny guy next to me is grunting and swinging 40s

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Cheat curls are actually great if you know what you are doing.  My favorite bicep exercise actually.

Igor Vidovic
    Participant

Cheat on the way up,squeeeeeeeeze, then super controlled slow negative rep

training log
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yQ7u-n9iU7R910fUgcAEo5NJoUZzT3w1zLC5qYyaGZE/edit#gid=1795865688

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 499 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

General Gym Observations

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?