General Gym Observations

• This topic has 61 voices and 498 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 499 total)
  • Author

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Saw some guy doing lunges on the smith machine today with a gym mat (the big red ones) folded over and used like the bar pad. That's all.

Are you hating on the lunges? Smith Machine lunges are great burners instead of leg extensions. I LOVE when people use mats all over the gym

Lunges are just one of those exercises I just can't do.  They do nothing for me at all.

acarnovale

Saw some guy doing lunges on the smith machine today with a gym mat (the big red ones) folded over and used like the bar pad. That's all.

Are you hating on the lunges? Smith Machine lunges are great burners instead of leg extensions. I LOVE when people use mats all over the gym

I don't necessarily hate any exercise. But, the guy was using next to no weight and he was using the gym mat to protect his neck. I mean, wow.

Big_R
    Participant

Lunges are just one of those exercises I just can't do.  They do nothing for me at all.

My ass got huge (no homo) from squats ... i wouldn't dare do lunges

kcarolhxw
    Participant

There's this one girl at my gym; a blonde. She comes in her short shorts and talks up all the guys. It's literally 90% talking, and her workout a joke. She holds 5 lb dumbbells in sumo squat and punches the air…and then does these kettle bell-esque swings with those giant exercise balls…She does nothing and I hear her chatting about her fitness model career. On the surface it pisses me off and deep down it thoroughly disappoints me.  Then I discovered headphones.

Fairy

Headphones are a blessing! 🙂Kettlebell swings with a swiss ball . . . That's a new one! Unfortunately this is the sort of thing celebrity exercise DVDs teach women. Rule of Thumb: If it has a celebrity endorsing it, don't buy it. There's a reason they have to pay that much money to try and sell it to you.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

There's this one girl at my gym; a blonde. She comes in her short shorts and talks up all the guys. It's literally 90% talking, and her workout a joke. She holds 5 lb dumbbells in sumo squat and punches the air...and then does these kettle bell-esque swings with those giant exercise balls...As a woman and former fat kid, I've come a long way. And she does nothing and I hear her chatting about her fitness model career. On the surface it pisses me off and deep down it thoroughly disappoints me.  Then I discovered headphones.

You can send her over my gym lol.

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

I knew something like that was coming!The gym is essentially a bar. It's totally amusing. It takes more sifting through to find the people of substance but for those who don't give a shit, there are plenty of girls like her around. So much less work...

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I knew something like that was coming!The gym is essentially a bar. It's totally amusing. It takes more sifting through to find the people of substance but for those who don't give a shit, there are plenty of girls like her around. So much less work...

Unfortunately my gym is all old ladies and guys.  Maybe it's because I hate bars and clubs and have no social life, but I don't understand why a woman would be opposed to talking to a guy at the gym.  Don't get me wrong I go to the gym to train.

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

Absolutely nothing wrong with a woman wanting to talk to a guy at the gym – it's the girls who go there for the purpose of talking to a guy that are amusing…The ones in the booty shorts with rainbow knee high socks and a sports bra…doing exercises like the ones mentioned above. It's the neediness for attention that drives some of us crazy. BUT I bet they leave with several dating options so to each his own. I just find it entertaining  ;D

pshannon

Absolutely nothing wrong with a woman wanting to talk to a guy at the gym - it's the girls who go there for the purpose of talking to a guy that are amusing...The ones in the booty shorts with rainbow knee high socks and a sports bra...doing exercises like the ones mentioned above. It's the neediness for attention that drives some of us crazy. BUT I bet they leave with several dating options so to each his own. I just find it entertaining  ;D

Where can i find these booty short + sports bra wearing girls? Are they doing RDLs by any chance?

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

Scottsdale 24-hour fitness…they are plentiful!Jeeebus I did those this morning...are you trying to say we girls should do them in a corner?! I feel a little violated now...

pshannon

Scottsdale 24-hour fitness...they are plentiful!Jeeebus I did those this morning...are you trying to say we girls should do them in a corner?! I feel a little violated now...

I'm w/ ibob all the women that go to my gym are old. So I keep my eyes down....

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

:-

acarnovale

Scottsdale 24-hour fitness...they are plentiful!Jeeebus I did those this morning...are you trying to say we girls should do them in a corner?! I feel a little violated now...

Do those RDLs in the open for the world to see! All the other ladies need to see what goes in to building a nice bum.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Ok I'm moving to Scottsdale.

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 499 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

General Gym Observations

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?