General Gym Observations

• This topic has 61 voices and 498 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 499 total)
  • Author

CWest05
    Participant

I'd melt if I lived in Arizona! That's why everyone is half naked there – it's so f*n hot!

pshannon

I'd melt if I lived in Arizona! That's why everyone is half naked there - it's so f*n hot!

As long as I get to see something other than a 67 year old women doing a cardio machine for 15 min I'm happy. Bring on the sweat

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

Ok I'm moving to Scottsdale

I'm sorry...(I can't wait to move lol...)---edit---Yep....HOT! 80 degrees today so not too bad but people still look like it's 110 degrees in the gym.

CWest05
    Participant

I'd melt if I lived in Arizona! That's why everyone is half naked there - it's so f*n hot!

As long as I get to see something other than a 67 year old women doing a cardio machine for 15 min I'm happy. Bring on the sweat

Haha...fair enough! I lift at a university, so maybe I'm spoiled. Most chicks are still on the hamster wheels far far away from the weights though. I don't really take notice of women unless they're lifting non neoprene coated dumbbells. And never seen a woman doing RDL's, so kudos phxplay! I do lift with my fiancee too though, and she knows how to squat and is a babe (coincidence? unlikely!), so maybe I'm extra spoiled! Chris

CWest05
    Participant

Yep….HOT! 80 degrees today so not too bad but people still look like it's 110 degrees in the gym.

Yuck! I'm from Wisconsin and 80 degrees is like summer weather! Not November weather!

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

Haha...fair enough! I lift at a university, so maybe I'm spoiled. Most chicks are still on the hamster wheels far far away from the weights though. I don't really take notice of women unless they're lifting non neoprene coated dumbbells. And never seen a woman doing RDL's, so kudos phxplay! I do lift with my fiancee too though, and she knows how to squat and is a babe (coincidence? unlikely!), so maybe I'm extra spoiled! Chris

Not a coincidence obviously. I think all the serious female lifters at my gym are married/taken (well all three LMAO)...they get the hot guys...the ones the booty short girls try and talk to.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Ah one thing I miss about college.  Whenever I visit my friend who is still in college, it is like I am on a different planet.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Not a coincidence obviously. I think all the serious female lifters at my gym are married/taken (well all three LMAO)...they get the hot guys...the ones the booty short girls try and talk to.

This gym keeps sounding better and better. 

Fairy

“I think all the serious female lifters at my gym are married/taken (well all three LMAO)…they get the hot guys…the ones the booty short girls try and talk to.”. . . I'm taking notes here Phx!I love RDLs too, and had a similar issue when I was still lifting (just climbing ATM).Sports bra AND mini-shorts is a bit much! I would do one or the other, not both on the same day. Don't bash rainbow socks! They are super cool. Especially the ones with individual toes.

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

"I think all the serious female lifters at my gym are married/taken (well all three LMAO)...they get the hot guys...the ones the booty short girls try and talk to.". . . I'm taking notes here Phx! - LOL I already have mine locked down...get to work!I love RDLs too, and had a similar issue when I was still lifting (just climbing ATM).Sports bra AND mini-shorts is a bit much! I would do one or the other, not both on the same day. Don't bash rainbow socks! They are super cool. Especially the ones with individual toes. Gawd I should take pictures...the women in their 50's wear them....no joke. Scottsdale is the most bizarre place...and it's only going to get more interesting with the holidays coming. The snowbirds are back in town and will be returning to the gym... :'(

Fairy

lol, sounds cool.Hey, I live in Camden in London. This is where the punks and Amy Winehouse are from. Makes me look super tame, I can get away with wearing ANYTHING. Love it.

Where I come from, I've seen shit that would shock the lot of you.  ;DLOL.I visited Pheonix, AZ a few years back.  It was fuck all hot, and that is coming from a dude who was raised in Texas.Cory

kcarolhxw
    Participant

I just started skimming through this thread…pretty damn funny. My biggest observation is that most of the guys in the gym don't know what they're doing, but because they can lift more than me (although with incorrect form), they hold an air of superiority over me. I also want to say, it never ceases to amaze me how weak other women are.

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

Women in general don't challenge themselves enough. It's not that they're weak, they don't try to push themselves. For some it's just a personal preference and others don't know better. Many of them start out with trainers that treat them like “women” and have them standing on one leg with a 5lb weight. When their trainers aren't around they just keep up that routine.

kcarolhxw
    Participant

Women in general don't challenge themselves enough. It's not that they're weak, they don't try to push themselves. For some it's just a personal preference and others don't know better. Many of them start out with trainers that treat them like "women" and have them standing on one leg with a 5lb weight. When their trainers aren't around they just keep up that routine.

Yes they are weak. If they don't push themselves or don't know any better, they're weak. That's what I meant. That women have the potential to be stronger, well everyone has the potential to be stronger. Sure why not. It's just amazing that even if they're not doing a lot of strength training, I'm still shocked that they don't even possess any natural strength. You know? It's astounding...

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 499 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

General Gym Observations

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?