General Gym Observations

• This topic has 61 voices and 498 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 499 total)
  • Author

Igor Vidovic
    Participant

I have pictures of curls and ab work in the squat rack… Waiting for the website to come back to life so I can post them

training log
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yQ7u-n9iU7R910fUgcAEo5NJoUZzT3w1zLC5qYyaGZE/edit#gid=1795865688

Richard Schmitt

I have pictures of curls and ab work in the squat rack... Waiting for the website to come back to life so I can post them

I tried doing that the other day too ;D

I have pictures of curls and ab work in the squat rack... Waiting for the website to come back to life so I can post them

I've seen this ONCE.  Some fucktard was laying down, in the middle of the rack, doing situps on the floor.  Serious.  He wasn't using the rack for ANYTHING.Maybe he thought he'd be out of the way doing it there, rather than out on the gym floor... but, my gym has an "ab" room w/ space and dedicated devices for that sort of shit.He may be out of the way of "bros" and people walking about, but he was straight blocking the way for dedicated lifters.  If I needed the rack, I would've kicked him out.  Rather, I just face-palmed and shook my head, and went about my current lift.Cory

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

I've seen this ONCE.  Some fucktard was laying down, in the middle of the rack, doing situps on the floor.  Serious.  He wasn't using the rack for ANYTHING.

This happens ALL THE TIME at my stupid gym....or the person who decides to work out IN BETWEEN the two racks. There's enough room between the bars on each rack to load them up. So you have to work between their sets just do have room to do a squat. People...

I've seen this ONCE.  Some fucktard was laying down, in the middle of the rack, doing situps on the floor.  Serious.  He wasn't using the rack for ANYTHING.

This happens ALL THE TIME at my stupid gym....or the person who decides to work out IN BETWEEN the two racks. There's enough room between the bars on each rack to load them up. So you have to work between their sets just do have room to do a squat. People...

Nah, I warn the bastards who stand between the racks (to curl at themselves in the mirror, usually):  I say, "You best keep a heads up if you want to stand there, this Olympic bar is long, and I am doing Squats."  Usually the weenie leaves to go curl his 25's somewhere else, while swaying and swinging around.They can curl virtually anywhere, I can only Squat properly in the rack @ my gym!Cory

pshannon

Nah, I warn the bastards who stand between the racks (to curl at themselves in the mirror, usually):  I say, "You best keep a heads up if you want to stand there, this Olympic bar is long, and I am doing Squats."  Usually the weenie leaves to go curl his 25's somewhere else, while swaying and swinging around.They can curl virtually anywhere, I can only Squat properly in the rack @ my gym!Cory

I curl 25s......at the end of my drop set.

I curl 25s......at the end of my drop set.

That's what I'm saying!  LOL.I've seen these dudes, like the ones I mentioned above, who swing and sway (moaning), curling 25's w/ improper form.I think to myself:  if you don't understand the bio-mechanics of the move, you are wasting your time / spinning your wheels.Cory

pshannon

Like Wendler has said. He can get more out of curling 20s properly than other dudes curling 50s improperly. Or something like that. You get the point.

Like Wendler has said. He can get more out of curling 20s properly than other dudes curling 50s improperly. Or something like that. You get the point.

Arnold could make 35's feel like 100's the way he curled.  I totally get you.Cory

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I remember when I first started training I curled waaaay too much lol.  I think it is something everyone did at some point.  I don't know about you guys, but at most gyms it seems like there is simply a lack of floor space for people to do exercises.  I know at my gym doing bent over rows and deadlifts are hard simply because of the lack of space.

Richard Schmitt

I remember when I first started training I curled waaaay too much lol.  I think it is something everyone did at some point.  I don't know about you guys, but at most gyms it seems like there is simply a lack of floor space for people to do exercises.  I know at my gym doing bent over rows and deadlifts are hard simply because of the lack of space.

It wouldn't be so bad at my gym if people knew how to be considerate and give some space.

Igor Vidovic
    Participant

As promised here's the idiot doing curls and ab work in the squat rack . Epic fail

training log
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yQ7u-n9iU7R910fUgcAEo5NJoUZzT3w1zLC5qYyaGZE/edit#gid=1795865688

Igor Vidovic
    Participant

And my curls in the squat rack =)

training log

Richard Schmitt

What the!!!

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

And my curls in the squat rack =)

At least that guy is in the squat rack! You just stand around with a loaded bar taking pictures. KIDDING!

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 499 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

General Gym Observations

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?