General Gym Observations

• This topic has 61 voices and 498 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 499 total)
  • Author

devilmanVISA

I don't get the beanie.  I see a lot powerlifters working out in beanies.  Not to pick on powerlifters, but why do so many of them look like they are in motorcycle gangs?

Can't wear baseball caps or other brimmed hats while lifting in a meet, but you can wear beanies.

Why don't you just not wear anything?  Does the beanie soak up sweat or something?

Nothing that disgusting lol. I think a lot of the more blue collar type guys that powerlifting attracts wear hats habitually. Plus I've found that the small amount of pressure the beanie puts on my head can help alleviate the head pressure from really heavy squatting. Maybe its a placebo, maybe not. I don't always wear them.

Richard Schmitt

Well…not to boast or anything, but an observation I make every once in a while is when other lifters make loud comments to other lifters. Weather it'd be positive or negative, it's never to themselves or quietly next to their buddy. Reason why I mention this because had a “group” comment loudly “hey check out the guy at the decline bench!”, (the deadlift/squat area was taken, and I was at the decline bench), “holy f***!” Yep exactly word-for-word.

Nightcall

Some are missing but the common ones are certainly there:http://thechive.com/2012/03/20/people-you-will-always-meet-at-the-gym-13-photos/

threedanes

OK the beenies/bandanas for me soak up the sweat.  Being bald and putting your head on a bench breaks the damn and it just starts to pour off my skull.  I am wearing them to reduce the amount of sweat i have to wipe off a machine.Funny enough I ride a custom chopper or a Streetglide, however I am not in a gang  ;D

AdamFiddler

The group fitness instructor yesterday had his class doing a burpee where at the top of the movement they were to clean and press their BOSU ball.That is all.-Adam

Damon Amato
    Participant

lol awesome.I got chewed out yesterday for calling the "cardio area" the "cardio lemming farm".  Wewps.

RagE

Found this through  Steve Pulcinellas Log, which always is fucking hilarious.http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=w43ezAJoLoAWhat the fuck even is that? Steve calls it the "Douche pipe" which seems to describe it quite well

Igor Vidovic
    Participant

What the fuck even is that? Steve calls it the "Douche pipe" which seems to describe it quite well+1

training log
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yQ7u-n9iU7R910fUgcAEo5NJoUZzT3w1zLC5qYyaGZE/edit#gid=1795865688

soulmind

I went in to my gym last week to do legs and found that both squat racks were being used by one person for a curl/skull crushers superset workout.  The day before there was a couple using two bench press stations.  He did ten sets (at least) of bench while she was doing deadlifts.  The main issue with her was that she was doing them so close to the bench that I couldn't grab a different bar to utilize the bench she wasn't even using.  Combine with the fact that she was doing only 95lb total (a weight that could have been achieved with the pre-made ez barbell bars) and I was pissed.  Funniest thing was watching some skinny teenagers do arms for an hour and one of them decided to use a tricep pulldown station in reverse and whack himself in the head with the handle when he couldn't handle the weight he selected.

Defiance

Me, RagE and Draugluir started our own gym to get away from all the people at our local commercial gym.I do have a bunch of memories from 2 years ago when I trained there.It's a small town, so you get to recognize certain types after a while.- Only-ever-trains-arms-guy: often seen admiring his abs in the mirror between sets.- Professor at our school that used to be a competitor: Is in the gym every day but spends 90% of his time chatting with people who are trying to train.- The incompetent PT's: Teaching a 55 year old lady to to "good mornings" for some reason, and telling her to round their back even more when it's already past the "She's going to snap"-point.Always nagging me about how dangerous it is to DL or Squat barefeet, and how I'm making too much noise.Giving the exact same program to every single person who comes there, no matter their age, gender, level of fitness or otherwise...-The "Powerlifters" who don't actually do the big 3, but does "Powerlifting" on the machines...-The creepy guy that stares intensely at everyone while smiling like a serial killer... Never been observed actually training.-The chubby Iranian doing weighted chins with a spotter, even though he can't do 1 BW chin.-The competing bodybuilder with his bodybuilding girlfriend spotter. Her yelling like a maniac at him through every single set, even the warm up sets...-The guy that hired a Personal trainer to get buff, but didn't follow the program. He added 1000 situps to every workout, and removed the heavy compound lifts, because he wanted to get ripped abs.

AdamFiddler

Well…this is something I would've LIKED to observe!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brhau4xo0x0

RagE

Think that clip is from “Power Unlimited” Pretty entertaining documentary about PLing

AdamFiddler

Yeah I should've provided a link to the full movie for those interested.  It actually has a few segments with DH's own Julia L as well.  Here's the whole thing uninterrupted:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnkyhKRiKmU-Adam

tlfoxy

jsmith

there was an idiot in my gym today that was bench pressing and decided to try and go past his limit without a spotter. I bet he laid there for about 30 seconds before anyone realized the bar was stuck on his chest. LOL…oh wait..that was me.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 499 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

General Gym Observations

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?