General Gym Observations

• This topic has 61 voices and 498 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 499 total)
  • Author

Defiance

Lady on a cell phone on the only leg press.  15 minutes, zero reps.

Cellphones should be forbidden within a 10 meter radius of Leg Presses, Power Racks, Platforms or Squat racks.People observed with cellphones inside the zone will be forced to do chins until they pass out or die.

Richard Schmitt

Cellphones should be forbidden within a 10 meter radius of Leg Presses, Power Racks, Platforms or Squat racks.People observed with cellphones inside the zone will be forced to do chins until they pass out or die.

I agree. I however use my iPod to log my training (have an app that helps), but cell phones are a problem. I see people use them on treadmills or ellipitcal machines too/.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I actually have killer squat sessions with a cell phone in my pocket  🙂

At least he re-racked his weights and wiped down the bench.

Haha I actually get annoyed with people that insist that the bench needs wiped.  There is something about clean freaks that just annoys me.

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

If there's visible sweat – wipe itIf there isn't - why bother....That's usually my gauge lol

tlfoxy

If there's visible sweat - wipe itIf there isn't - why bother....That's usually my gauge lol

I agree... However, I know that I can be a little O.C.D. at times and if I think something is gross, I'll just clean it myself.  It doesn't take but a second to wipe it down.  But, I'll never get upset about it and go chew someone out for leaving a little sweat on a bench.I also like to keep an organized area.  I'm the guy that will put the DB's and weights back in the right order.  I do it for me and never complain.  Besides, it gives me something to do between sets.  So, flame away at me for this if you must.  I'll understand! 😮

Richard Schmitt

Does anyone go do sprints outside? Sometimes with public around? I know it's not in the gym, but when I go to the park in the mornings to do sprints I'll have the normal runners out and about. They'll be out there for about the same amount of time but some of them will stand there and “watch” me do my sprints. Kinda awkward. Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

TheDan
    Participant

I get people watching me sprint too, mostly the older ritzy crowd. I'm sure they have their comments but I take great pleasure in seeing them run for hours like a hamster on a wheel. For some reason they never improve their physique… Some even get fatter… Hrrrm I wonder why lol

Richard Schmitt

Ha that's who watches me a lot! I tend to notice that too, but I keep to myself because most people don't like to be critiqued or helped in that way. Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

TheDan
    Participant

Ha that's who watches me a lot! I tend to notice that too, but I keep to myself because most people don't like to be critiqued or helped in that way. Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Exactly if I thought they would take my advice I would offer it but they look at me like some young punk that should " slow down because he might hurt somebody " I've actually heard that before. They act like the ambassadors of the public outdoor walking track, it's really pathetic.

Richard Schmitt

Exactly if I thought they would take my advice I would offer it but they look at me like some young punk that should " slow down because he might hurt somebody " I've actually heard that before. They act like the ambassadors of the public outdoor walking track, it's really pathetic.

I want to make a t-shirt for these people using this as their title!

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Does anyone go do sprints outside? Sometimes with public around? I know it's not in the gym, but when I go to the park in the mornings to do sprints I'll have the normal runners out and about. They'll be out there for about the same amount of time but some of them will stand there and "watch" me do my sprints. Kinda awkward. Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Non-athletes and people that don't take exercise seriously tend to find the concept of interval training very foreign.  My distance runner roomate (distance runners do a form of interval training, but it isn't HIIT) tells me he gets bizarre looks when he does interval training.I think the people who give the looks think that the exercise is stupid because you are only "working" for such a short period of time.  They don't realize how exhausting interval training is.

Richard Schmitt

Does anyone go do sprints outside? Sometimes with public around? I know it's not in the gym, but when I go to the park in the mornings to do sprints I'll have the normal runners out and about. They'll be out there for about the same amount of time but some of them will stand there and "watch" me do my sprints. Kinda awkward. Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Non-athletes and people that don't take exercise seriously tend to find the concept of interval training very foreign.  My distance runner roomate (distance runners do a form of interval training, but it isn't HIIT) tells me he gets bizarre looks when he does interval training.I think the people who give the looks think that the exercise is stupid because you are only "working" for such a short period of time.  They don't realize how exhausting interval training is.

I'm tempted to have some of these people join me when they're watching awkwardly. Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Brogrammer

I always get the biggest kick out of observing guys with MASSIVE upper bodies and the legs of a 120 pound 8th grader.I never understand why they think that looks good. They look so goofy to me. I wouldn't want one part of my body to be huge and another underdeveloped and malnurished looking.

Mjl1030

Guy yesterday had probably close to 180lbs on a dip belt. He then proceeded to do about 5 dips lowering only 1-2 inches, if that.

Richard Schmitt

I always get the biggest kick out of observing guys with MASSIVE upper bodies and the legs of a 120 pound 8th grader.I never understand why they think that looks good. They look so goofy to me. I wouldn't want one part of my body to be huge and another underdeveloped and malnurished looking.

=( even though I do heavy calf exercises I have problem getting them bigger...Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 499 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

General Gym Observations

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?