General Gym Observations

• This topic has 61 voices and 498 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 499 total)
  • Author

Igor Vidovic
    Participant

OMG a couple at lvac last night just walking around holding hands and making out. Go home and give me back the squat rack

training log
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yQ7u-n9iU7R910fUgcAEo5NJoUZzT3w1zLC5qYyaGZE/edit#gid=1795865688

pshannon

Guy yesterday had probably close to 180lbs on a dip belt. He then proceeded to do about 5 dips lowering only 1-2 inches, if that.

Dude 180 on a dip belt even going down a few inches is pretty manly. He needed the ego boost.

Guy yesterday had probably close to 180lbs on a dip belt. He then proceeded to do about 5 dips lowering only 1-2 inches, if that.

Great for lockout on bench.  We do this with some regularity.

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

Nothing too crazy today, though Skinny Stalker was back…Instead of moonwalking today he did some ballet moves next to me.  :-As a side note, I was using the lat-pull down yesterday warming up with 30lb standing pullovers (???having a blonde moment about what they are called....). It always makes an annoying sound as the bar sinks back into the plates, somethings is off-balance and I always feel a little silly as it clangs but whatever. Then I got to thinking about why they haven't fixed it by now and then came to the conclusion that no one really does 30lb on the lat pull down so maybe it's not a "pressing issue".  But TODAY, skinny stalker was using the lat pulldown and I start hearing these clangs - he is the guy that uses 30lb on the lat pulldown LMAO....but just to add a little more color, he was sitting in a spread-eagle plie position doing the pulldowns....who...does...that...That's my gym adventures for today 🙂 Oh - and to add, yes I agree that people without calves blow my mind but I'm sure the person who commented was meaning the people who purposely choose not to work their calves. I will tell you, most guys at my gym don't use the calf presses or raises. But a guy who does certainly gains my respect. It seems to be all about what can be shown off in a t-shirt....

Brogrammer

I always get the biggest kick out of observing guys with MASSIVE upper bodies and the legs of a 120 pound 8th grader.I never understand why they think that looks good. They look so goofy to me. I wouldn't want one part of my body to be huge and another underdeveloped and malnurished looking.

=( even though I do heavy calf exercises I have problem getting them bigger...Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I doubt you even qualify then! I'm talking guys who appear as tho they can bench 800 lbs and may struggle with a 135 squat, lol.I think some of the reason I feel this way is because I am somewhat the opposite... My squat max is about 425 and my bench max is only about 260.. So weak in relation to my squat!

tlfoxy

OMG a couple at lvac last night just walking around holding hands and making out. Go home and give me back the squat rack

Hilarious...It's that season here in Vegas for sure.  I used to workout at the LVAC on Eastern and the 215.  And there were always couples or even what seemed to be double dates walking the track together.  They were holding hands the whole time and it got old to always shout "Left Side" when you wanted to pass them.  They took up both lanes.  Really pissed me off!  Well.... not really... but it was bothersome.It's the same now at 24 Hour Fitness... couples making working out.  If you even look at their girlfriend they get all puffed up like they want to throw down.  Really comical!!!

RagE

🙂

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

LOL!

ffemtmcd

RagE – thats hilarious!!!!!

Igor Vidovic
    Participant

RagE You just made my day thank you

training log
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yQ7u-n9iU7R910fUgcAEo5NJoUZzT3w1zLC5qYyaGZE/edit#gid=1795865688

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

Sooooooooooo…..Just randomly had to share. A new guy showed up Monday at the gym and started talking to me. He was saying how his knees didn't feel so good on the hack squat and some other stuff I don't remember....He was doing Hack Squats superset with Leg Presses. We talked a few minutes (well he did) and that was that.Then Tuesday I see him come in and superset the Hack Squat with Leg Presses. So I'm thinking, well that's odd to do such compound movements two days in a row, but to each his own.Then Wednesday I see him come in and superset the Hack Squat with Leg Presses...now I'm thinking, that's just stupid. I happened to be near him and he mentions how his knees just didn't like the Hack Squat and he was only going down a few inches at a time. I hadn't actually watched him do anything until this day and noticed that his legs were directly underneath him which makes his knees stick out way past his toes and that's just horrible form. So I tell him to put his feet up higher and now he's thrilled and can't believe his knees don't hurt and he can do a full squat....ok, yay! back to my workout....Then Thursday I see him (should start copy/pasting...) come in and superset the Hack Squat with Leg Presses. No Way?!? So he comes to the side of the gym that I'm on and says how his legs were sore from doing it the correct way and how happy he was that I showed him the right way. Now at this point I figure SOMEONE should gently bring up...why in the hell are you doing that routine 4 days in a row? Well his answer is that he's trying to lose weight and even though it hurts, he pushes through it. I had so many things to say (he's 56 so that's hard on a 21-year old's body but must be worse on someone older)....but he was pretty set on the idea that he was doing the right thing so I didn't push it...it's not my place to train or consult people on things....Then TODAY (Friday....this is MY leg day) I see him coming in from across the gym and even though I'm halfway through a set of lunges I drop everything, run to the leg press and throw my stuff directly on it. He saw the whole thing. I think he was a little miffed, but SURE ENOUGH...he loads the hack squat. That leg press was MINE. ....

pshannon

Some guy came in today hell-bent on doing the leg press. There are 3 leg press machines in my gym. One of my buddies need a spot on the leg press he was on. He had 8 plates on both sides (720lbs). So this dude comes in, starts unloading the machine even though we are standing right in front of it. After a SWIFT correction, by friend got under the machine banged out a set of 6 to failure. We got off the machine after this, the guy left two plates on both side (180lbs). After a set of 5, he put a 2.5 pound plate aka 5 pounds and did 3 sets of 5. This guy is in fairly good shape. What a jag. Who puts 2.5 pounds on a leg press.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Some guy came in today hell-bent on doing the leg press. There are 3 leg press machines in my gym. One of my buddies need a spot on the leg press he was on. He had 8 plates on both sides (720lbs). So this dude comes in, starts unloading the machine even though we are standing right in front of it. After a SWIFT correction, by friend got under the machine banged out a set of 6 to failure. We got off the machine after this, the guy left two plates on both side (180lbs). After a set of 5, he put a 2.5 pound plate aka 5 pounds and did 3 sets of 5. This guy is in fairly good shape. What a jag. Who puts 2.5 pounds on a leg press.

I hate leg presses.  They just require too much weight and I am too lazy to put the weight on the machine!

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

I hate leg presses.  They just require too much weight and I am too lazy to put the weight on the machine!

Oh that makes me kinda sad....I love them! Though I only go up to 5 plates....husband loads it up and then adds plates on top lol. It's a good arm workout ? .... 😛

Richard Schmitt

I don't have a leg press story yet, but this happened to me today. I was doing bench (because the area for deadlifts were taken by kids doing curls) and had a member literally standing and leaning on the side of the bench I was using. Just so he can use it next, instead of improvising like I did… I mean am I wrong to think that it was irritating, rude, and annoying? Bad enough when doing ELECT I have to keep changing weight at every set, having to repeat “excuse me” gets old quick. Even asked him politely to move!Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 499 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

General Gym Observations

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?