German Volume training

• This topic has 5 voices and 19 replies.
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Greg l wilcox
    Participant

I see.  I took a week off from my last workout and did a trial the other day to find my 20 rep limit for the exercises.Sounds like if I superset I may need to lower the weight.I think I will take your advice and do a sequence with rest between.First day was going to be Friday, but trick or treating with the kids will make tomorrow night the first night.Had 60 minutes of basketball tonight, but did a mini backload to get some carbs in for tomorrow.Thanks for the help

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I see.  I took a week off from my last workout and did a trial the other day to find my 20 rep limit for the exercises.Sounds like if I superset I may need to lower the weight.I think I will take your advice and do a sequence with rest between.First day was going to be Friday, but trick or treating with the kids will make tomorrow night the first night.Had 60 minutes of basketball tonight, but did a mini backload to get some carbs in for tomorrow.Thanks for the help

In my experience, 60 seconds works best for every exercise except squats.  I needed to rest 90 seconds for those.

Greg l wilcox
    Participant

Well, last night was going to be day one but a trip to the ER for my son stopped that.He is ok, so tonight was day one with not a lot of time .So, I decided to do the superset as that was all I could fill in.Oddly enough, even with the superset , my set point weight was to low.  I finished both bench and barbell rows at over 10 reps on the last set.  I did 60 seconds rest between supersets.I will need to increase the weight next time.I did two isolation exercise for 3 sets of 6 reps at the end.Felt pretty good.  Went into the workout at 2,000 calories, only 27 usable carbs.

backlash79

ibob,Having done GVT several times in your opinion from the article I linked earlier it says to take a 2-3 week break before going to the 10x6 I'm just starting my 5/6 of the 10 x 10 and I'm thinking I could just slide into the 10x6 instead of doing a 2-3 week of whatever?Thanks!

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

ibob,Having done GVT several times in your opinion from the article I linked earlier it says to take a 2-3 week break before going to the 10x6 I'm just starting my 5/6 of the 10 x 10 and I'm thinking I could just slide into the 10x6 instead of doing a 2-3 week of whatever?Thanks!

If you think you can do it, go for it.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

German Volume training

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?