Glucosamine and insulin resistance

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

David R Huska
    Participant

Hi all,

I’ve come across a number of articles that discuss glucosamine-induced insulin resistance. For example:
    http://www.ultimateglucosamine.com/consumers/insulinresistance.shtml

I’ve found glucosamine to be very effective for chronic joint problems, but since CBL and CN are dependent on insulin sensitivity, I seem to have a conflict. Does anyone have suggestions on how to reduce or eliminate the insulin resistance caused by glucosamine?

Spartan Werewolf
    Participant

Interesting. I was wondering the same thing. I’ve had terrible tendonitis/ tennis elbow for a while and the only thing that seems to help is a joint health supp called Elbow Revive. It’s main ingredidnet is cissus but it also has glucosamine and other nutrients. It seemse to work wonders but I’m worried that it’s interfering with insulin via the same mechanism. Anyone else have knowldege of this?

Here’s the full list of ingredients… Elbow Revive Ingredients

He-Man
    Participant

I’m sure it’s true but I’ve never heard of glucosamine having that effect. Funny you mention Elbow Revive. I’ve probably gone through five bottles of that stuff over the past few years. Every time that nagging elbow pain rears up, I take a bottle and it works like a charm. Nothing is better for joint repair, IMO. And I didn’t notice any negative effects on my insulin resistence, but who knows.

Spartan Werewolf
    Participant

yeah good stuff. I’m staying with it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Glucosamine and insulin resistance

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?