Gyms in Fort worth

• This topic has 5 voices and 17 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

hannonman

Hey there,I will be relocating to the fort worth area in a few weeks and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a good place to train down there? Ive done some google searchers and plan on checking a few places out, but was wondering if anyone had any first hand experience...

Richard Schmitt

I go to the 24 Hour Fitness on 35W and Western Center BVLD. It's pretty good for what it's needed for. I tend to go in the mornings Monday-Thursday and on Fridays I go in the afternoon. Morning times they're isn't a lot of people so it's easier getting to use weight the afternoon times is when most people go and kids go too. Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

devilmanVISA

Stroud's Fitness. Its not IN Funky Town (fort worth) per se, its actually in Hurst, but its worth the trip. Kirk Stroud is a really good guy and his rates are very reasonable. Plus the place is very nicely equipped, and its a real gym, not a corporate cardio farm.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Plus the place is very nicely equipped, and its a real gym, not a corporate cardio farm.

Haha cardio farm, I am gonna start saying that.

Stroud's Fitness. Its not IN Funky Town (fort worth) per se, its actually in Hurst, but its worth the trip. Kirk Stroud is a really good guy and his rates are very reasonable. Plus the place is very nicely equipped, and its a real gym, not a corporate cardio farm.

Dude that is a crazy drive depending on what part of Fort Worth he is in.That Construction is a joke by Hurst area.Anyway, I don't know what side of Ft worth you are on but the LA Fitness isn't bad over on crockett I think it is

Richard Schmitt

Lol yeah I was looking at their website for them and found where it was located…bad traffic/construction. It's bad enough the area I'm at 820 & 377 has been going through major construction issues. I've seen LA Fitness and heard they are pretty decent. Does anyone live in the Fort Worth area? At least around 35W and 820/Western Center BVLD?Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

hannonman

Thanks for all the input fellas…so i had to look at a map cause I really dont know the area yet. I will be living in what looks like North/west of FW. I know I am near Texas Health hospital system, sundance square, and rt 30…

Richard Schmitt

Ah alright, well hope you like it here!Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

hannonman

Thanks man, I hope so too

Thanks for all the input fellas...so i had to look at a map cause I really dont know the area yet. I will be living in what looks like North/west of FW. I know I am near Texas Health hospital system, sundance square, and rt 30...

Cool, that's a decent area.I'd def check out LA Fitness then, closer than most other things. and price isn't too bad. They usually are better than most 24 hr fitness. (there are a few decent ones though but the are in addison area)I don't know what you are into, but you should look up the Brownstone, it's a pretty good time.

devilmanVISA

Dude that is a crazy drive depending on what part of Fort Worth he is in.That Construction is a joke by Hurst area.Anyway, I don't know what side of Ft worth you are on but the LA Fitness isn't bad over on crockett I think it is

As I said, Stroud's is a real gym.24Hr, LA Fitness, Lifetime Fitness, etc are not.I live in North Dallas and I make the drive.

Why don't you go to the new Metro Flex in North Plano?

hannonman

@ Intensity Junkie: Thanks man Il be sure to check out BrownStone. And the Metroflex gym is the one that at least online looks pretty solid, but I still plan on going around to the places everyone suggested and see what will work best in regards to location and price.

Richard Schmitt

Well then since we've got a couple of members here in the Ft Worth area, should have a day during the month where we meet up at a gym, train, and backload/Carb Nite it up hahaSent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

devilmanVISA

Metroflex doesn't have have the equipment I use. Plus they don't have air conditioning in either facility. Some might declare that as being “hardcore” but in Texas, in summer time, it cuts into your recovery which is just stupid.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Gyms in Fort worth

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?