HD while on CNS?

• This topic has 5 voices and 12 replies.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Charles B.
    Keymaster

Is the Heavy Duty Protocol appropriate to do while on CNS?  I am currently doing SWP with CNS and was considering switching to the HD to increase hypertrophy.  My primary focus is on losing body fat at this point, but I eventually want to transition to CBL and start density bulking.  I still have about 30 lbs. of fat to lose before switching to CBL.  Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Doing 4 days and no HIIT you could likely manage it with one CN.I did it with 2 CN's but was training 6 days a week.

Charles B.

Doing 4 days and no HIIT you could likely manage it with one CN.I did it with 2 CN's but was training 6 days a week.

How would you recommend breaking it up?  4 consecutive days starting on CN and 3 rest days?  Also which day should I should I piggyback the core work with?

How would you recommend breaking it up?  4 consecutive days starting on CN and 3 rest days?  Also which day should I should I piggyback the core work with?

I would do the heaviest days closer to the CN, with the lighter days toward the end of the week.I'd do core with chest or with shoulders.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Definately make leg day the day following the Carb NiteI would do it like this:Lets say your Carb Nite is on Saturday:Sunday:  Legs (I would tack the core workout at the end here)Monday: Back Tuesday: Shoulders, trisWednesday:  OffThursday: Chest, bisThe core workout could go anywhere really, but I think it would be best to put it at the end of leg day.

Alan Torell

Definately make leg day the day following the Carb NiteI would do it like this:Lets say your Carb Nite is on Saturday:Sunday:  Legs (I would tack the core workout at the end here)Monday: Back Tuesday: Shoulders, trisWednesday:  OffThursday: Chest, bisThe core workout could go anywhere really, but I think it would be best to put it at the end of leg day.

Why legs right after CN?

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

Why legs right after CN?

It is by far the most exhausting workout on this plan and for most other plans for that matter.  You want to be well fed and have full glycogen stores to have a good workout.

Alan Torell

Why legs right after CN?

Thanks!It is by far the most exhausting workout on this plan and for most other plans for that matter.  You want to be well fed and have full glycogen stores to have a good workout.

Charles B.

I just completed my first week of HD and it and it looked like this:Monday:Legs (this was also my Carb Nite)Tuesday:  Chest, BisWed: Shoulder, Tris (added Core here)Thursday: OffFriday: BackI was going to do 4 consecutive days, but I was absolutely beat after the first three and felt I needed a day of rest.  I did legs right before my Carb Nite because I thought it would be the most effective way to deplete my glycogen stores before ingesting those carbs.  Could have been a mistake as my legs have felt like Jello all week and are just today (Friday) starting to feel good again.Was starting this on my CN a mistake?  I like the schedule IBob suggested better, and I think I may try this next week.  I just worry about having three days of no resistance training leading up to my next CN.

GonnaBeGiant

You could do legs the day after your CN since it is usually people most demanding and glycogen depleting workouts. I've read a lot of people train their “weakest” body part on the night of their CN. When they say weakest they prolly mean the muscle they want to grow the most or the muscle group they feel is lagging compared to the rest of their muscles. I know the calorie overload will definitely benefit a lagging muscle group.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

You could do legs the day after your CN since it is usually people most demanding and glycogen depleting workouts. I've read a lot of people train their "weakest" body part on the night of their CN. When they say weakest they prolly mean the muscle they want to grow the most or the muscle group they feel is lagging compared to the rest of their muscles. I know the calorie overload will definitely benefit a lagging muscle group.

Exactly. 

Charles B.

Thank you all for the constructive input.  This has been really helpful to me in planning this coming week.

Hook85

Very easy to run this on CNS I did HD for 3 months while on CNS and dropped 10% bf total of 28 lbs.  Keep your leg day the day after CN. Makes it easier to keep the intensity up during training and also will help with glycogen depletion. The rest of the week I ran HD as RX. Good luck keep the intensity up and if you start to get weak or joint pain add a little fat in .75-1g/lb I found that helps.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

HD while on CNS?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?