Hello and Merry Christmas from Texas!

• This topic has 3 voices and 5 replies.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Allenxld

Hi Ya'll. My name is Allen (no really). I found DH through the protein factory website. Then I progressed through the phases of the free download, then purchased CN and then CBL. Today I found the forum. I am glad to see some older people here because that was my question when looking around the site, “Will this work for the older generation?”. After seeing some of your posts I know that at least it is worth trying. (I've tried everything else!!)I am 48 years old and NOT an athlete. Not a gym rat, nor a musclehead. But I am not a total couch potato, either. I have an active job in the oilfield business that keeps me on my feet 12 hours a day-55-75 hours a week and I love to eat.  I do suffer from "Syndrome X" and have been battling my weight my entire life. Yes, I was a fat kid too. So, this past year was a wake up call for me: blood sugar through the roof, bad cholesterol too high, good cholesterol too low, triglycerides too high, yadda, yadda, yadda. I am 6 foot and weigh in at 270 with my body fat % in the obese range. Now I know why: too much dieting!! I have tried them ALL and made up some hybrids. I am too young to be on freakin' meds!!  My goal here is simple: strip the fat, keep the muscle, get healthy and see my abs. I have never, ever seen them!! I am starting my first 6 months of the Carbnite program Janruary 2nd and will try to keep ya'll posted. Good luck and God Bless you all!

Richard Schmitt

Welcome sir! Glad you did find your way to these forums and glad you became apart of this. If you do have any inquiries about anything regarding this, I know that we will do our best to help reach your goals. We support each other here, and it's a pretty welcomed-friendly place. Also pretty stoked we got another Texan here on DH!

Naomi Most

Hi Ya'll. My name is Allen (no really). I found DH through the protein factory website. Then I progressed through the phases of the free download, then purchased CN and then CBL. Today I found the forum. I am glad to see some older people here because that was my question when looking around the site, "Will this work for the older generation?". After seeing some of your posts I know that at least it is worth trying. (I've tried everything else!!)

That's interesting! What led you to be looking at protein factory, if I may ask?

I am 48 years old and NOT an athlete. Not a gym rat, nor a musclehead. But I am not a total couch potato, either. I have an active job in the oilfield business that keeps me on my feet 12 hours a day-55-75 hours a week and I love to eat.  I do suffer from "Syndrome X" and have been battling my weight my entire life. Yes, I was a fat kid too. So, this past year was a wake up call for me: blood sugar through the roof, bad cholesterol too high, good cholesterol too low, triglycerides too high, yadda, yadda, yadda. I am 6 foot and weigh in at 270 with my body fat % in the obese range. Now I know why: too much dieting!! I have tried them ALL and made up some hybrids. I am too young to be on freakin' meds!! 

Very cool! Yes I agree, you are far too young to be on meds.Fortunately you've found your way to the right diet.  I in particular have a keen interest in "general health", and for what it's worth, I hope you've made your peace with saturated fats, because they are not the enemy. Nor is dietary cholesterol. You may already know this, but it's worth perhaps stating for "the next guy" reading this thread.

My goal here is simple: strip the fat, keep the muscle, get healthy and see my abs. I have never, ever seen them!! I am starting my first 6 months of the Carbnite program Janruary 2nd and will try to keep ya'll posted. Good luck and God Bless you all!

Great! Keep us posted with your progress, especially your cholesterol levels, if you don't mind sharing.Happy to have you here.

Allenxld

Well Naomi – when I went to the doc and found out all this “syndrome X” symptoms I have (which is not what he called that's from Keifer), he told me to lose weight, quit eating fat, sugar etc and exercise.  I decided on the P90X program due to my schedule at work and being able to do it in my own home. Long story short, during all my research I found the protein factory mainly because the P90X post workout drink mix had waaaaayyyy too much sugar and I needed (in my own mind) a protein drink with less sugar. Yes, I have made my peace with fats, thanks to CBN and Keifer.Thanks for the warm welcome!

Allenxld

My goal here is simple: strip the fat, keep the muscle, get healthy and see my abs. I have never, ever seen them!! I am starting my first 6 months of the Carbnite program Janruary 2nd and will try to keep ya'll posted. Good luck and God Bless you all!

OK. I did not start on Jan. 2nd. After calculating for which Carbnite I wanted, I started on 12-29-2011. I just had my first Carbnite this past Saturday and it worked as advertised! Felt the heat from the carb load, slept like a baby with some funky, freaky dreams. So far so good. This is the easiest plan I have been on!

Richard Schmitt

Awesome, glad your having great results, the heat and dreams are normal, I get them all the time!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hello and Merry Christmas from Texas!

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?