Hello from U.K

• This topic has 3 voices and 4 replies.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

jable1066
    Participant

Bought the CBL V1.0 on Friday after much deliberating due to the price. However, I am thoroughly enjoying it and now I'm invested I have no option but to throw myself in to it! Had read about it on Elitefts but didn't fully understand everything until I started getting into the book. I'm 5ft8, 160lb at around 8% BF (I think). Looking to gain a few kilos as I think I've hit a point where I would look leaner, if my muscles were bigger... Also, I'd like to be a fair bit stronger. I am currently doing Wendler 5/3/1 spread over 4 days and finish 2-3 of the workouts with either some complexes or a circuit/Crossfit (save it) or some form of tabata sprints. Main goal is to gain muscle, stay at my body fat and be stronger, faster and more robust as I'm training for selection for the British Military. Jonny!

sckiely
    Participant

hi Jonny and welcome, if you are doing 5/3/1 for your goals then i hopeyou are choosing Debsity Bulking and maybe consider taking Jim wendlers 3 month Challenge. It is great to have you here, any questions can either be found answered on the forum or generally get quick responses when posted.Stevep.s. Crossfit????  😉

Naomi Most

hi Jonny and welcome, if you are doing 5/3/1 for your goals then i hopeyou are choosing Debsity Bulking and maybe consider taking Jim wendlers 3 month Challenge. It is great to have you here, any questions can either be found answered on the forum or generally get quick responses when posted.Stevep.s. Crossfit????  😉

Now, now...  Crossfit has its uses.  🙂Welcome in, Jonny.

sckiely
    Participant

Sorry, couldn't help myself.  ::)

jable1066
    Participant

Haha, yes well I basically wanted something that provided constant bashing and high intensity to get me prepped for UK Forces selection you see! After doing it for a year the past few months have seen me use it less and less in favor of doing dedicated strength work (Wendler) and plenty of sprinting and barbell complexes for conditioning instead. I use some of the CF WOD ideas for my Wendler assistance though – i.e. 5/3/1 squats w/ 5 rounds of 10x back squat, 10x box jump, 10x burpees for assistance. I occasionally still do some Crossfit stuff because I train at a CF gym (only gym with bumper plates, squat racks etc. in my area) and like to pit myself against others now and then for the extra push. However, it's slowly giving me niggles and little injuries so I'm easing out of it. Don't worry, I'm not a dedicated soldier and preacher of the CF religion basically haha. To be honest, I was going to start off by just re-introducing large amounts of carbs on my backload days without really thinking about whether it's SA or DB. I've been low carb for so long that I want to gradually add them in more and more to see how it goes. I'm going to re-read the book today though and look at the DB stuff because I've got a long car journey!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hello from U.K

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?