Help Headaches?????

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Nicholas Alonzo
    Participant

Hey guys I just wanted to point out some of the symptoms I have been having lately to see if you guys know what I should do.
    I wake up everyday super dehydrated like I want to drink atleast 4 8oz glasses of water I even drink 16 oz right before bed and wake up in the middle of night an drink like 8 oz.
    Dry mouth and feeling thirsty throughout the day
    Super bad headaches in back of head when I do compound movements in the gym like they come out of no where and only happen when I do compound movements they don’t happen if I do like curls or stuff like that.
    This morning I woke up with a headache behind my eyes but that was just this morning

possible things I should change (listed below)
    my backloads have been kind of dirty lately but I plan on cleaning up my diet for the next 2 weeks see if that helps
    I eat a crap load of salt in my ULC meals but ill stop salting them to see what happens
    I am on EC stack but I have never had a problem with stims I have extremely high tolerance last summer I was doing over 1000 mg caffeine a day with no side effect right now only doing about 700 mg daily with my EC stack (preworkout has 300 mg not 200mg)

Tara Chantler
    Participant

First of all I would only change one thing at a time or you won’t know what is going to benefit you the most.

Second, how much water do you drink during the day? I put just a sprinkle of pink Himalayan salt in my water cup (24 oz sipper) and drink at least 5 a day. I do get dry mouth occasionally, but it’s mostly dry eyes when I get depleted. I see you’re doing CBL, I’m on CN, but I don’t think that would really make any difference.

The headaches could be caffeine withdrawals if you’re not taking in what you were, but it seems like the water should be the culprit for both…trial and error with those things that you mentioned plus drinking more throughout the day. Coffee is a diuretic so it will dehydrate you, you probably know that, just food for thought.

Robert Boehm
    Participant

I suffered the same headaches and found it was the volume of compound movements, Deadlift in particular, that were the cause. It wasn’t the the movement, it was the fatigue of my CNS. I backed off a bit in volume and allowed for extra recovery between lift sessions and have been fine since. I’ve actually picked the volume back up and have had no reoccurrence of the headaches.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

They are probably tension headaches related to straining the muscles in your neck. Most big exercises put a large load on your spine and your neck can be vulnerable, especially if you do not lift with proper form. Deadlifts are probably the biggest offender of this exercise as it uses the largest load and the nature of the exercise.

My advice is to regulate your training better, though it sounds like you got a head start on that.

I doubt they are related to your stimulant use as you said you never had a problem with them.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Help Headaches?????

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?