hernia?

• This topic has 3 voices and 6 replies.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Brian M Eckstrom
    Participant

is a hernia something you would definitely know you got? or do they feel as subtle as a slight abdominal cramp? I'm hoping I'm just paranoid

Melvin McLain
    Participant

is a hernia something you would definitely know you got?

Not always. If you think it's a possibility, I'd suggest seeing your doctor before straining.

Brian M Eckstrom
    Participant

is a hernia something you would definitely know you got?

Not always. If you think it's a possibility, I'd suggest seeing your doctor before straining.

well, it happened while straining, couldn't tell if I was starting to cramp or what, but the next set was fine

Melvin McLain
    Participant

If it doesn't hurt or feel uncomfortable, it's probably ok then. They don't heal in just a few minutes. 😀

Brian M Eckstrom
    Participant

If it doesn't hurt or feel uncomfortable, it's probably ok then. They don't heal in just a few minutes. 😀

that's what I was concerned about, if you feel it or what it feels like

Melvin McLain
    Participant

Ah ok. Yeah, if there's a hernia problem you should definitely feel discomfort. But it's not always something visibly protruding out.

GonnaBeGiant

Hernias are iffy, they can be subtle at first. I had one for 13 months that was very hard to detect but I showed all the signs. At first it felt like a mild strain then It got worse. If your fine by the next set and isn't causing issues during other movements/motions outside of the gym you're more than likely fine.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

hernia?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?