Hey everyone! New to CN.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Mari
    Participant

Hey, just thought I would say hi, and introduce myself. This past Sunday night was my first Carb Nite, after 7 months on a very strict, very low-carb ketogenic diet (that I merged with GAPS knowledge to make a KETO-GAPS diet aimed at healing leaky gut which caused an auto-immune disease). Really interested to see how CN effects things for me, and any benefits that I might see with my thyroid.

Since Sunday my weight hasn’t really changed. The day of my CN I weighed in at 117lbs (that was just that morning though as I had been coming in around mid-low 118’s for days prior. The day after I think I’d went up to around 119ish. Then back into the mid 118’s. This morning (Friday morning I was 118.4). So, basically no change, however I am about to start my period, and I’m pretty confident that’s the reason why my scale weight isn’t reflecting a change. That said, I do feel like my body fat has gone down a bit, and possibly even some gain to my lean muscle mass, but I think I need further observation to know for sure.

That said, I’m 5’3″, 32 years old. Probably the least active person you’ve ever met, although I do use a sauna every day, which does have some of the same effects as exercise. I’m also really focused on cellular detox and healing right now.

Anyways, hoping to exchange ideas and knowledge with others out there engrossed in self experimentation.

Steve Cauffiel
    Participant

Sounds like you’re doing well, keep it up!

Mari
    Participant

Thank you! Just had my second CN last night. Feeling good!

Steve Cauffiel
    Participant

Sweet! 🙂 How many grams of carbs did you manage to get in?

Mari
    Participant

Starting weight for 1st CN : 117 lbs
    Next morning weight: 119 lbs
    Number of Carbs eaten: (I have to guess based off what I ate which was 1.5 slices of pineapple ham pizza GF, 1 5″ chocolate cookie, 2-3 tablespoons of frosting) maybe 80 grams of carbs.

Starting weight for 2nd CN: 118 lbs
    Next morning weight: 119.4 lbs
    Number of Carbs eaten: 199 grams
    3 days post 2nd CN: 117 lbs
    What I ate: 1/8 lbs burger with GF bread, 1/2 pulled pork BBQ sandwich (GF bread) and fries with a little katsup, half a chocolate cookie, half a yeasty bun, and a few hours later .75 pint of gelato.

I woke up feeling great both mornings after my CN.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 10 months ago by Mari.

Steve Cauffiel
    Participant

Nice!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hey everyone! New to CN.

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?