Hi all, new to cbl and being serious about training.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

leeroy

Hi gang.
    my name is lee, 27 year old irish lad living in Australia. Been here a few months now and everyone around me is super ripped and fit. so I’ve taken upon myself to follow suit 😛

Cbl seems impressive and im very keen to give it a try. I’ve been trolling the forums for tips and answers the last few days and I’m still not at ease. hopefully someone can kindly help me out.

I start my backloading tomorrow night. after the 10 day pre diet I’ve lost almost 9lbs.

I haven’t taken any supplements as of yet and I’m wondering what is essential.

I’ve been doing resistance style training in the gym so I’m ok there.

I’m unsure of what I can and can’t eat, is going to the local cafe for burger and chip allowed? or eating out at restraunts?

and should I see results immediately and configure my carbs from what I’m seeing or give each macro count a few weeks?

any help on this would be very much appreciated.

maith agat (thank you)

lee

Richard Schmitt

Hey Lee, welcome to the forums. By no means is this next question supposed to be rude or anything, but have you purchased and read the CBL book? Kiefer does give you examples of what to eat and what not to eat. Also some guidelines on how much carbs to eat based upon body weight, as well as some fats to protein amounts.

leeroy

Yea i read the book and tried to understand it best I could. but for someone who has only really started having an interest in this I find it quite difficult and confusing, and I think I’m pretty intelligent.

last night while I searched the forums it confused me on how to configure my macros.

in the end I decided to go with
    protein 1.2 × 1lb body weight
    fat. .75 × 1lb
    carbs. 2 × 1lb

My carbs end up at 300g for my backload.
    in the book I came up with 500, given that I’ve long 8-10 lbs.

help on that would put my mind at ease greatly.

maith agat,
    lee

Richard Schmitt

Kiefer has ssuggested to try and use 2g/LBM for carbs, as a max and dial it in from there. Protein anywhere from 1-1.3g/BW is good, and fill in fats to help gain or lean out towards calories.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hi all, new to cbl and being serious about training.

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?