HIIT – Feel like crap for over a day?

• This topic has 2 voices and 2 replies.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

hikeon3

Hey Guys,The wife and I had our first carb nite on Saturday, then woke up Sunday and did a HIIT session within a couple hours of waking up. It was 4 tabata circuits. We both thought we might die. It was gruelling.We were both WIPED OUT for most of the day. Nauseous at first, then lethargic ongoing for the rest of the day. Powered through it and managed to get some stuff done around the house and she seemed to recover fine overnight (aside from soreness) but I am still feeling totally off. Is it possible that over the reorientation period (6 days for us) I just didn't get all my glycogen stores eaten through and that's what I'm feeling now?

Richard Schmitt

Was Tabata something new you just recently started? If so, then it is just soreness, even if you have before, it can still be soreness. I doubt it is anything to do with glycogen.

hikeon3

Was Tabata something new you just recently started? If so, then it is just soreness, even if you have before, it can still be soreness. I doubt it is anything to do with glycogen.

Tex, definitely first time doing a tabata-style circuit.We've both done track sprinting intervals, but the rest times were a much more generous 1-2 minutes. We both feel better today, but still sore. Thanks for the reply.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

HIIT – Feel like crap for over a day?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?