HIITs in A.M. And lifting in afternoon???

• This topic has 6 voices and 10 replies.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Blest

About to start prep phase in a few days.. Was right for past few moths I have been doing cardio before work at about 4a.m.  Then lifting after work at about 230 in the afternoon. I likes this spit… A)for fat burning and B) I work construction and it helps loosen me up an I stretch to in mornin.  Is this something I could still do (HIITs in A.M.) when I start prep phase and CBL? Or would it be counter productive?  P.S.  sorry for all the different post just trying to get as much info as possible to start so I can get the best out of thisAs always thanks in advance Scott

Richard Schmitt

HIIT is perfect in the morning on a fasted stomach. 30second 100% intensity/ 2-3minute easy rest period.

rjjensen2006

Im doing HIIT in the a.m. as well, and wondering if I should have any carbs at all after this?

Richard Schmitt

No

jcgomez

I am not positive and have not tried it, but it seems like Kiefer is recommending Leucine after HIIT is you are ULC. But I could be reading his post incorrectly.http://dangerouslyhardcore.com/forum/index.php?topic=3382.15

Caino
    Participant

on his new video rant he says its great just before you train 20 mins before is ideal apprently, while im on the cardio thread, anyone else not really getting much of a sweat up when they do sprints? i do 10x50m and short rests, the only thing i feel is i really start to slow down on the last few

Richard Schmitt

I get that sometimes when I do sprints on the bike. No sweating. Sometimes with regular sprints

Caino
    Participant

always makes me wonder if its helping the cause or not

mwachtel
    Participant

If ur going to do hiit and then lift, should u have leucine after the hiit and then do the weights or just wait til after everything?

Caino
    Participant

Depends on how long, if its within the hour or so id wait

kcarolhxw
    Participant

on his new video rant he says its great just before you train 20 mins before is ideal apprently

I remember him saying this too. He's also recommended HIIT in the morning fasted, and for women to do HIIT right after their resistance training. I also remember an interview saying you could consume coconut oil in the morning as opposed to just fasted morning HIIT to burn off excess ketones. I don't know what's ideal but the morning HIIT with some coconut oil made the most sense to me. Maybe someone can elaborate on these specific recommendations. Here's what I gleaned:Fasted morning HIIT - produces best anabolic response (geared towards muscle growth); Sean Hyson interview

Kiefer: If you train fasted first thing in the morning, the upregulation of growth factors for muscle is double what it is if you were to eat before the training session.Sean: You mean it would be better to train totally fasted than to even have a little bit of coconut oil before?Kiefer: As far as I know, yes.

Coconut oil before HIIT - utilizing the prolonged ketogenesis as well as burning those ketones; Tanner Fox interview about morning cardioHIIT directly after resistance training - ensuring glycogen depletionHIIT 20 minutes before weight training - not really sure what 20 minutes before does, but the context seems to be his protocol for doing major damage control (post-Thanksgiving lol).But I'm pretty much shooting arrows in the dark.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

HIITs in A.M. And lifting in afternoon???

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?