HITT before weight lifting or after?

• This topic has 3 voices and 8 replies.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

miamike
    Keymaster

Doing it after right now

Spatz

Check out Kiefer's post on HIIT for men. ๐Ÿ™‚http://athlete.io/2850/hiit-workout-for-men-using-carb-back-loading-or-carb-nite/

If you are on Carb Back-Loading or if you want to implement it around your training, itโ€™s best for men to try to get their HIIT session before the training session. Now thatโ€™s two reasons โ€“ one is it stimulates the Mtor pathway of growth so you get greater muscle stimulation when you train. But also, there is some research that suggests that doing your HIIT training immediately prior to resistance training can increase the testosterone response of your resistance training session. So, itโ€™s kind of a one two-HIIT. You get two systems that are more impacted for muscle growth and of course when your testosterone levels are higher it accelerates fat loss as well.

Richard Schmitt

Spatz you're awesome. Most folks don't search for anything anymore and want hand outs or the easy way out.

Spatz

Heck why not? That's a bit of the basic human nature, -to be in your comfort zone. To find the easiest way to get something done or find the answer. If someone else will do the work for you, or if they already know the answer, why work at it? "Stop being so human!! Stop asking for handouts!1!!" -haha. It'll never work, we'll never stop trying to find the easy way ๐Ÿ˜‰I figure the more I answer these questions with what I (think I) know, when it turns out I'm actually wrong with my (amateur) advice -I can be corrected. Therefor learning and implementing in my own life when otherwise I would have just stayed silent and carried on wrongly. Never being the wiser. Maybe similar to teaching something helps you learn it? Especially when the class corrects you! 8) (Granted.. good luck correcting me when I quote Kiefer... go correct Kiefer!)

Spatz

Spatz you're awesome. Most folks don't search for anything anymore and want hand outs or the easy way out.

What I meant to say way "Awe! Thanks Tex!" ๐Ÿ™‚ My fingers got away from me on the keyboard.

miamike

Actually I did search “hitt before weights site://athlete.io”ย  And a few variationsThanks everyone

Richard Schmitt

To me it's a bit more rewarding to find information and then share it for a solid discussion.

miamike

Don't want you to think I'm lazy. I always look a bit before askingThanks Tex

Richard Schmitt

I didn't call anyone lazy nor saying anyone was. More times than not most of the questions asked like this have been discussed. Even Kiefer had a video out for it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

HITT before weight lifting or after?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?