HOLIDAY WEIGHT – did you lose, maintain or gain?

• This topic has 15 voices and 20 replies.
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Minnich
    Participant

Gained back all the water weight and then some extra... about 13 pounds total

13 pounds might possibly be a record.

thats pretty funny.  must ve really enjoyed yourself haha

I did! Too much.The good news though, 7 days ULC and I'm down 7.5 pounds!  😀

backlash79

Initially I gained about 8 or 9 pounds but after I got the water weight off I probably gained 2-3 pounds now that I'm back to “normal” now.I was in NY at my parents and trained twice at hotel gyms on the way there and back, out of town for a total of 11 days.

Go Heavy
    Participant

Between holidays, multiple corticosteroids and other crap for pneumonia,  and not being able to do anything but sleep and eat until a couple weeks ago…  I gained..alot of fat and lost enough muscle to notice and a shit ton of strength. x_x  My old warm up weights are my working sets right now.I was finally able to hit the gym and get back going again last week and have been following cbl as close as I can hopefully I'll be able to undo the damage.Once family emergency stuff (great grandmother is in the hospital right now) is done and there's more available to me than just mcdonalds aside from when I first get up, I'll be doing carb nite for a while.  I'd say I gained at least 10lbs of just pure fat.

Dr. Rocky Patel
    Participant

I am pretty sure I maintained, although i am definitely down one rung in the belt loop from the beginning of December, so i will take it as a good sign, but scale wt is not moving  much. My new years resolution is to only weigh once a week (AM of CN), i should just throw the damn thing away but that might drive me even more crazy  😮

NaturalKi

Gained about 5lbs in 20 days of no weights. Got a bit of a roll around my lower waist.I did do some swimming and calisthenics, but generally just relaxed and I enjoyed my holiday with my family. My plan to "holiday-proof" my body was a bastard IF/CBL plan, I fasted until noon and tried to stick to a 8-10 hour window and eat ULC, or at least eat carbs only at night (desserts and fruits galore!). Fortunately, most parties here have roasted or fried animals, so it wasn't too hard.One thing I forgot to plan for was nuts. I have terrible portion control with nuts, and my parents had walnuts, almonds, pistachios around the house. Needless to say, I probably ate 300+ calories worth of nuts a day.Tested my strength, so far it's been maintained.Did a 7 day recalibration right after New Years day and got right back into weightlifting... finally my humble 4-pack abs are almost back 🙂

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

I am pretty sure I maintained, although i am definitely down one rung in the belt loop from the beginning of December, so i will take it as a good sign, but scale wt is not moving  much. My new years resolution is to only weigh once a week (AM of CN), i should just throw the damn thing away but that might drive me even more crazy  😮

Lol - funny to hear you say that! At least you can sympathize with your patients. The scale is quite a mind trip. Funny now we put such a stake in it.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

HOLIDAY WEIGHT – did you lose, maintain or gain?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?