How do you fight off vegans?

• This topic has 17 voices and 64 replies.
Viewing 5 posts - 61 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • Author

JohnnyRiden

I've raised and slaughtered animals before on my parents farm. I can't really say my view is different from someone who's far removed from meat production since I've only ever known that. Honestly I've never understood the moral high road people try to take with the vegan diet. Plants are still alive and eating them is killing them. I guess the concept of “pain” isn't there ,but the desire to survive is which I rank higher than just feeling pain. I'm a Jew, so I've always had a “don't bother me and I won't bother you” attitude towards food choice since all my food is kosher :p

thriveful

Check out 'The Vegetarian Myth' by Lierre Keith. An amazing and thought provoking book, should be a must read for all vegans, vegetarians, and meat eaters alike. She was vegan for 20 years

Gl;itch.e

Check out 'The Vegetarian Myth' by Lierre Keith. An amazing and thought provoking book, should be a must read for all vegans, vegetarians, and meat eaters alike. She was vegan for 20 years

yeah I second this.

earlyriser

I third this.

thriveful

It really is a good read, not just on the 'circle of life' thing, something has to die for something else to live etc, but also on the sustainability of cereal crops ( or lack of it). I genuinely believe that a desire to prevent and reduce suffering in animals is morally the right thing to do, but better animal husbandry, is the way to go, ban CAFO's etc. the vegan/ vegetarian ethic strives to protect those creatures that are 'like' us, they have a face, but ignores the millions of deaths that occur at the hands of the combine harvester, pesticides,fencing, habitat destruction, soil erosion and the other horrors of farming commodity crops and annuals.

Viewing 5 posts - 61 through 65 (of 65 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

How do you fight off vegans?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?