How do you know if you’re metabolically screwed up?

• This topic has 5 voices and 10 replies.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Richard Schmitt

Well how do you know? Any pointers on finding this out? Along with pointers to fix it?

You are Tex. Super low calorie, never hungry, poor sleep, poor BM's, low to no energy, poor sex drive, constant mental fog, constant mood swings, always cold, and not sweating tend to be signs.To fix it you slowly add 100-200 calories from fat or carbs depending on days every 1-2 weeks or so.

thestiffmeister
    Participant

I agree with Trevor. Also known as dragging ass.

Robert Gray
    Participant

I began to wonder that about myself.  Metabolically, I turned into one of the women Keifer just wrote about.  I gained and lost the same weight every week.

thestiffmeister
    Participant

See, the only reason I am switching to SA and not just powering through my weeks on CN like the raging caveman that I am is precisely because I want to avoid all that crap. It's not cause I don't have any of the symptoms that I should wait for that stuff to happen before I make a move. Tex, if you are at that point, start digging your way out of the hole you made for yourself by inducing a metabolic shitshow. Take it gradually, it's gonna take some time but you'll only be stronger and wiser once you are at the other end.

I began to wonder that about myself.  Metabolically, I turned into one of the women Keifer just wrote about.  I gained and lost the same weight every week.

Didn't you follow the 1g-0.5g protein/fat ratio?

Robert Gray
    Participant

I did for a while and stalled.  I added more fat and lost three pounds that stayed off for a few weeks, then I hovered around the 200-pound mark until the present.

I did for a while and stalled.  I added more fat and lost three pounds that stayed off for a few weeks, then I hovered around the 200-pound mark until the present.

I think you will do better, and most highly active people (especially males) on a smart CBL plan. I'm having carbs every night and leaning out quite nicely while having killer performance.

Robert Gray
    Participant

I think you will do better, and most highly active people (especially males) on a smart CBL plan. I'm having carbs every night and leaning out quite nicely while having killer performance.

I'm honestly not opposed to it, I just haven't been able to get under 16% BF yet.  I feel like I really won't have decent success with CBL until I get sub-15%.  CNS was my 'hail mary' attempt to do that, and I couldn't get it right.  Kind of discouraging to be honest; I'm not sure what I missed.

I'm honestly not opposed to it, I just haven't been able to get under 16% BF yet.  I feel like I really won't have decent success with CBL until I get sub-15%.  CNS was my 'hail mary' attempt to do that, and I couldn't get it right.  Kind of discouraging to be honest; I'm not sure what I missed.

Thinking you need to get to sub 15 is a mistake. Just don't eat like a fat kid.Maybe have 3-4 backloads a week. I'm backloading nightly and dropped from about 15 to 13% in I'd say around a months times.

backlash79

Well how do you know? Any pointers on finding this out? Along with pointers to fix it?

What makes you think you are metabolically screwed up?Having any of the symptoms here:Adrenal problems http://robbwolf.com/2012/04/09/real-deal-adrenal-fatigue/ORHormone disorders/dysfunctions http://robbwolf.com/2011/11/23/its-in-the-blood-when-it-rains-it-pours/

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

How do you know if you’re metabolically screwed up?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?