How Do You Train?

• This topic has 10 voices and 33 replies.
Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author

Naomi Most

So do you know if the Shockwave Protocol, that I've been doing, is a good training program to increase strength, add muscle, and lost fat? On Chest and Biceps days it has bench press, Legs have squats, and Back Days have deadlifts. Also it incorporates different exercises besides those.

I cannnot comment on the shockwave Protocol as i haven't tied it but after reading the E-book it looks great, however i am a big believer in sticking with something till it stops benefitting me! If it isn't broke then don't fix it! When my progress stops with 5/3/1 i plan on doing the Shockwave with the strength accumulation CBL program! I a going to be competing in my first Raw Powerlifting comp in May so i'm hoping i could get some info from Kiefer to best incorporate my nutrition for this!

I still haven't done Shockwave training myself, but it makes a lot of sense to me. I might start it as soon as Kiefer finishes off the next version of the Shockwave Protocol ebook.  (Not long now...!)Lots of people like following this system and can stick with it long-term, which is pretty crucial.

I Agree with you too Naomi, it is popping up everywhere, I think the reason it is doing that is due to its simplicity and variability! It is however NOT for everybody, I find basic movements very primal and i love lifting HEAVY! If this isn't your goal then it isn't your program, the main goal is strength all the other stuff i mentioned before like assistance work and conditioning is done to compliment this! But many of my Personal training clients would find this program way to BORING to do long term

Yeah I'm certainly not knocking it. Simple + effective = good.

It is basic and it does work, but there isn't much to it, I like simple and it works for me! But so many people think they have to go to the gym and do as many exercises as possible to get results! This is why i think SHOCKWAVE WILL BE AWESOME! it relies on progressive training and getting in and out of the gym as quick as possible, do what you need to and no more!

Yeah, what seems to be the real key to the effectiveness of Shockwave is -- much like CBL -- the emphasis on learning your body's signals to adjust training.Research clearly demonstrates that when you feel awesome, you should train awesome, and when you feel kinda blah, you should dial it back a bit.I have a lot of trouble with that second one...

Whatever program you choose make sure you use this principle, pick a few exercises for a body part 3-5 for big muscles 2-3 for smaller ones, and give it everything in those movements! Don't worry about being sore or going to failure, these do not always mean you are achieving anything anyway!

Good advice.

stephenhdmrs

Can't wait for the Ebook!!!  I'm looking to try another workout routine to follow.

Richard Schmitt

Can't wait for the Ebook!!!  I'm looking to try another workout routine to follow.

Personally I think you'll like the Shockwave Protocol, I've been using 1.0 for going on three weeks now, and I love it. get in, get out, feeling great and worked.

devilmanVISA

Westside + Mountain Dog.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

How Do You Train?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?