How much cardio is too much cardio?

• This topic has 7 voices and 12 replies.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Wezforce
    Keymaster

I do 4 HIIT cardio sessions per week( spreaded out in which ever way i feel like)  along with 5 weight training days. My goal is to get my BF % down from 14% to below 10%.Is that too much cardio?obviously im gonna cut down on the cardio when i reach my goals.Its a personal preference. I like doing cardio.I like being fit and lifting heavy.Any help wil be appreciated.thanx

To be honest I think 2 HIIT sessions a week if best. More then that on op of weight training can get a bit much.Do all the walking, hiking, biking riding for fun you want though, that's all good.

AdamFiddler

I do 4 HIIT cardio sessions per week( spreaded out in which ever way i feel like)  along with 5 weight training days. My goal is to get my BF % down from 14% to below 10%.Is that too much cardio?obviously im gonna cut down on the cardio when i reach my goals.Its a personal preference. I like doing cardio.I like being fit and lifting heavy.Any help wil be appreciated.thanx

If your goals are just body fat loss, then I would recommend zero cardio based on my N=1 experiment.  I did exactly what you described with literally no HIT or "cardio" other than some kettlebell swing sessions a few times a week in my protocols and walking 1.5 miles to and from the gym.  Went from 14.6% to 9.7% now in about six weeks on CBL.  Best of luck.-Adam

pshannon

Adam What kind of training were you doing? By this i mean your routine or bb split.

AdamFiddler

I was lifting every day.  That means seven days per week.Essentially I did while I was trying to settle on a solid, sustainable program and also trying to see what my limits actually were before I hit overtraining/strength decreases.  Note I'm not recommending doing what I did at all as it was a bit scatterbrained and I probably could've made better strength gains doing a simple 5x5 for my level, but I did still have very good bf loss and strength gains and you asked for my routine so:There were periods (about 3-4 weeks) where I deadlifted every day according to the Justa Singles Protocol, swung the kettlebell 3 times per week, and pressed (either strict or dumbbell bench) 3 times per week while squatting about 3 times per week as well.There were periods (10 days) where all I did was come into the gym and literally squat to max every day, then do the backoff sets at around 85% on most days. Ultimately, I would say look into high-frequency training programs if you can handle them (I ultimately couldn't sustain what I was doing and so that's why I'm switching over to SL 5x5 now).  Ultimately I would also say I am in no way qualified to even give strength advice on internet forums and you should probably listen to the other posters here way before me, but this was just my kind of cavalier experiment that seemed to work out well for awhile, especially in terms of body recomp.  Also, I've recently changed my stance on zero cardio and would say sprints (2-4 long ones, like 3 to 400 meters) seem to pretty beneficial and feel good.Best of luck,Adam

Chuck

Hey thanks for the info Adam also how did a typical week look?

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

4 HIIT sessions with 5 days of training most likely is too much, but people often say I do too much.  If you are new to training say less than 3 years, I would say don't do this.  If you have been around a while and are in tune with your body, you will be able to tell if you are overtraining.  If you are juicing, do whatever you want, you'll be able to handle almost anything.

Big_R
    Participant

I think HIT/Cardio is a great idea..... i know i certainly enjoy my 2 sessions per year  🙂  lol

Richard Schmitt

I think HIT/Cardio is a great idea..... i know i certainly enjoy my 2 sessions per year  🙂  lol

Lmao...don't you got to "sprint" to the toilet after Backloading the night prior??

pshannon

Big R i have to point out this is like 4 months old....PROPS man!

Big_R
    Participant

Lmao...don't you got to "sprint" to the toilet after Backloading the night prior??

that's f!kin hilarious man lol.  that's my HIT nightly routine right there.  No wonder i am so good in the 40  🙂

Richard Schmitt

that's f!kin hilarious man lol.  that's my HIT nightly routine right there.  No wonder i am so good in the 40  🙂

LMAO!!! XD Accelerated Fat Loss!! The New Way To HIIT! LMAO!

AdamFiddler

> 0

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

How much cardio is too much cardio?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?