How to Burn Fat and Why You Shouldn’t

• This topic has 3 voices and 2 replies.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

billnyc
    Participant

Can someone here here knowledgeable in human physiology debunk this article?  It's kind of scary to read since I've done lots of low carb in the past and plan to do it in the future.http://180degreehealth.com/how-to-burn-fat-and-why-you-shouldnt/Key points to debunk

• Over time, free fatty acids damage the cell’s highly evolved ability to produce oxidative energy (i.e., glucose to carbon dioxide)
    • the excessive oxidation of fats (especially when polyunsaturated) impairs the cell’s ability to oxidatively metabolize glucose to carbon dioxide, water, and hydrogen.
    • Over time, however, the chronic exposure to free fatty acids leads to a myriad of toxic effects, such as damage to the energy generating apparatuses of cells and an increase in the prostaglandin modulation of the aromatase enzyme, which creates new estrogen.

kcarolhxw
    Participant

I would like to see a response to this as well.

Gl;itch.e

Well that wont be me then because I believe the basics of what Danny Roddy has written here are correct. Fat burning is a backup system to oxidative metabolism and imo is lower on the evolutionary energy system ladder. Look up the Randle Cycle. Liberating fats (stress, dieting, fasting) or overwhelming the system with dietary fat will cause them to be burned preferentially, and until fatty acid levels are lowered glucose can not be burned or utilised efficiently. This is basically simulating the diabetics broken metabolism.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

How to Burn Fat and Why You Shouldn’t

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?