I keep trying to get fat and it doesn’t work!

• This topic has 8 voices and 51 replies.
Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Author

Richard Schmitt

Naomi, I'll have to look into that single-leg romanian deadlift, probably use that to replace my squat. Or use some variation for squats. Hopefully I can find something soon.

Naomi Most

Naomi, I'll have to look into that single-leg romanian deadlift, probably use that to replace my squat. Or use some variation for squats. Hopefully I can find something soon.

Oh, no, you won't replace a squat with the 1L deadlift... sorry if I gave you that impression.  The 1L romanian deadlift works lower back and all over the legs, EXCEPT for the quads. And that's kind of a major "except".I've been training myself on a program of 1L deadlifts and leg presses and lunges to try and compensate for my lack of squats.  I prefer staying off machines whenever possible, so it makes me feel kinda silly to be doing leg presses as a staple of my program.  Ah well.I wish I could hold enough weight with my arms to make goblet squats usable for training my lower body.

Richard Schmitt

Oh no ma'am I understood what you meant, I know for a fact I'll have to do three-four exercises to fully get the same affect like squats do. That's why I do leg press and straight-legged DL every leg session

Hurley

I wish I could hold enough weight with my arms to make goblet squats usable for training my lower body.

Try a weight vest. I use a 50 lb kettle bell which pretty much used up the last of my lifetime kettle bell budget, so when I needed more resistance I added I cheap adjustable weight vest.  I've also seen people doing them with a weighted belt, standing with their feet on two plyo boxes.

Damon Amato
    Participant

I wish I could hold enough weight with my arms to make goblet squats usable for training my lower body.

Try a weight vest. I use a 50 lb kettle bell which pretty much used up the last of my lifetime kettle bell budget, so when I needed more resistance I added I cheap adjustable weight vest.  I've also seen people doing them with a weighted belt, standing with their feet on two plyo boxes.

this.

Naomi Most

this.

Good idea, but the thought of doing anything like this at my 24 Hr Fitness gym makes me blush.

Richard Schmitt

“F” it, be that feorious bear!

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

I keep trying to get fat and it doesn’t work!

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?