Idols and inspirations.

• This topic has 7 voices and 34 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author

Who motivates you?  Who do you look up to in your training?  Who do / have you admired (at one time or another)?Post some pictures.  Share your thoughts and goals.I remember my first goal was wanting to achieve Van Damme's physique (see the Lionheart poster I've uploaded).  Now that I have succeeded in that, my next goal is to attain Dolph Lundgren's look in Rocky IV (should be there by end of Winter).  Ultimately, I aim to get to Michael Jai White's level (see guy with arms crossed).Cory

Fairy

Lara Croft inspires me 🙂

Lara Croft inspires me 🙂

LOL.  Characters will do.  Inspiration can come from any physique, real or imagined.I remember playing Tomb Raider when I was kid.Cory

…are you a video gamer, Fairy?Cory

Fairy

No, I just like her unstoppableness. At 5'3″ I'm not really going for her physique (would also require a lot of silicone).

No, I just like her unstoppableness. At 5'3" I'm not really going for her physique (would also require a lot of silicone).

LOL @ the silicone factor.  So very true.  A lot of women in physique comp. have implants.  I feel it throws off their symmetry, esp. b/c you can spot an implant pretty easily.Cory

Fairy

Yep, I noticed 😉 I would rather have real boobs than abs, personally. But each to their own

Yep, I noticed 😉 I would rather have real boobs than abs, personally. But each to their own

I agree with you from a male perspective.  I am not a boob-man to begin with -- and fake is just nasty.  I much prefer nicely shaped hips, legs, 'posterior', etc. on a girl.  There are dudes who will adamantly disagree with me... to each their own.Cory

Gavin White
    Participant

I agree with you from a male perspective.  I am not a boob-man to begin with -- and fake is just nasty.  I much prefer nicely shaped hips, legs, 'posterior', etc. on a girl.  There are dudes who will adamantly disagree with me... to each their own.Cory

Right there with you Cory, nicely put. A nice shape... Not silicone! I've always been into RnB and hip hop music, and growing up I always thought LL cool J and Tyrese had great bodies... And they still do. I was always the small kid at school and I think I've left it a bit late to get the kind of body I would like, but I'm determined to put on some noticeable size before I get married! As for lara Croft (especially when played by Angelina Jolie) she did look hot!!

Gl;itch.e

Van Dammes got some seriously long triceps muscle bellies. Just saw Expendables 2 this weekend been. Was amazed at the shape of them.

Zach516

I just wanna look really athletic, but would like to be ripped just once. Jason stratham is what I would like to maintain, maybe slightly leaner. Also Tom Hardy In the Warrior movie.

Right there with you Cory, nicely put. A nice shape... Not silicone! I've always been into RnB and hip hop music, and growing up I always thought LL cool J and Tyrese had great bodies... And they still do. I was always the small kid at school and I think I've left it a bit late to get the kind of body I would like, but I'm determined to put on some noticeable size before I get married! As for lara Croft (especially when played by Angelina Jolie) she did look hot!!

LL Cool J has a workout book, if I am not mistaken.  Man, that is some throw-back R 'n B right there... fuckin' early 90s!  He was pretty jacked, but his physique was obtainable for a natural.  Eat, lift and sleep... wash, rinse, repeat.I am more of a Heavy Metal and Progressive Rock type guy... it is what I listen to, and it is what I write and perform.  British Blues, too.Cory

Van Dammes got some seriously long triceps muscle bellies. Just saw Expendables 2 this weekend been. Was amazed at the shape of them.

In the late 80s and early 90s, dudes wanted Van Damme's body, and chicks wanted to get with him... women were always on about his fucking glutes.  He had a very muscular, yet athletic physique.  Perfect for a martial artist who wants size, but wants to maintain fluidity and speed.That said, Michael Jai White, who is slightly shorter than me, weighs 210 lbs.  He has remarked that going any larger, and he cannot perform his martial arts as well.  That is why I shoot for MJW's physique... it is huge, powerful and perfectly functional.Anyone who likes a good ass-kicking movie should see Blood & Bone, starring Jai White.  Unfuckingbelievable!Cory

I just wanna look really athletic, but would like to be ripped just once. Jason stratham is what I would like to maintain, maybe slightly leaner. Also Tom Hardy In the Warrior movie.

Jason Statham has an admirable physique to shoot for, especially for a gentleman of his age.  I love his films, and I love his feats of athleticism, like the Human Flag.Are you familiar with Scott Adkins or Marco Zaror?  If you are not, check them out.  For Adkins (British), check out the films "Ninja", "Undisputed 2" and "Undisputed 3" (he was also in Expendables 2).  For Zaror (Chilean), check out "Undisputed 3", "Mirageman" and "Kiltro".  Those guys are both top-rate martial artists, as well as athletic (and ripped to shreds).  Adkins is also a gymnist, and Zaror does Olypmic Tae Kwon Do and full-contact Shotokan.  Impeccable technique.Keep with it Zach, anything is possible if you want it bad enough, and are willing to work hard to get it.  🙂Cory

David Margittai
    Participant

Even though I don't particularly aspire to rise to pro bodybuilder status, I honestly have to say that I think Mike Mentzer had the most perfect physique that I've ever seen. And at 5'8, he's the exact same height as I am (although he had a solid 80lbs on me).ment2.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Idols and inspirations.

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?