Importance of diet log

• This topic has 9 voices and 11 replies.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Eric Shaw

Just curious how many members feel it is important to track their food intake on a regular basis? Either down to the calorie, or just by keeping a log of what you ate without concern for specific amounts.I am referring to both during dieting for fat loss and for long term muscle gains.

Fairy

I think it entirely depends on the person. Experiment. Find what works for you. I do believe that what gets measured gets improved.

Jacqui DB

Personally I track all macros. Since this is not necessarily a one-size-fits-all diet and does need some personalisation, I think it is important to keep a log of intake and results so modifications can be made based on these. Otherwise you're just flying blind.

Richard Schmitt

Yep I personally track everything.

LumberJacked

I roughly track everything I eat, mainly for a macro guide but mainly so I can look back on what worked in what combinations, especially when it pertains to a CBL night. Though I'm a numbers/sciencey guy so I like to have hard data and evidence of what works, if only for myself.

Fairy

Hot geeky guys are the best type LJ.

Lesli Bortz
    Participant

I think a log is what's kept me moving forward. I love looking back and seeing what works and what doesn't.I only track macros once a week or so. It helps to make sure I don't stray too far...there have been a few occasions that this has been very helpful.Being on a CNS/CBL combo it's almost necessary so I can see how things are working together when I make changes - which is constantly.

Just curious how many members feel it is important to track their food intake on a regular basis? Either down to the calorie, or just by keeping a log of what you ate without concern for specific amounts.I am referring to both during dieting for fat loss and for long term muscle gains.

I track everything, in an Excel spreadsheet.  Not just the diet (food choices), but the macros and timing.  I will still eat on top of my set meal plan(s), where hungry, but I think logging your food is very important to progress (especially to see what works and what doesn't).I also log my workouts much in the same way... sets, reps and weights (even how I feel).  I jot notes, as well, to reference later when building routines or prepping the following week.You gotta take ALL of this very seriously for the BEST results.  You only get out what you put in.  I leave nothing to chance.Cory

fatbencher

I lower kcal when I've gained, increase if I lost too much. Fuck tracking everything, I have life to attend to.

Caino
    Participant

i used too, it is an added unessacery stress for me that i dont need, once you start logging daily its time to take a reality check, sorry if that offends but ive been there and thats my 2 cents, do it once a week maybe and you will roughly know where your at for the rest of the week if you eat simular

LumberJacked

Hot geeky guys are the best type LJ.

Haha! C'mon now, you'll make me blush!  ;D

I think it entirely depends on the person. Experiment. Find what works for you. I do believe that what gets measured gets improved.

+1I also think it probably depends to what BF% you want to get to. The lower you want to go the more dialed in you need to be.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Importance of diet log

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?