injured rectus femoris d/t HIIT or ULC diet?

• This topic has 2 voices and 1 reply.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

YetiUp
    Keymaster

Hi all, I was doing my basic routine the day after my first CN and after my chest/bi workout I thought I would do a basic HIIT on the track, (as suggested by CNS for when to do cardio) I sprint 30 rest 3m.  i jogged a few laps to warm up the legs, started my sprint and summarily felt like both my quad's were going to snap! came to a sudden stop (kept from collapsing) and limped my way to the car.  Ive never had an injury or pull before to my quad group, for me it always is the hamstring group, so the main question is "has this happened to anyone else?" and "is it a side effect of the ULC diet?" its been a week, ive added a potassium gluconate supplement to my daily regime, but am wary as to when i should attempt another HIIT session.  Did legs yesterday with shockwave app and all was well, but the explosive action of a sprint is what really gets the rectus femoris involved.  any suggestions on getting back up to par?

maxwkw

If you don't have any pain from anything else it was probably cramping. Making sure you're electrolytes are in check can definitely help. Also, I would avoid flat ground sprinting for a little while. Try a bike or hill sprints or something in the mean time.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

injured rectus femoris d/t HIIT or ULC diet?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?