Intra Workout – Sustainer Formula no longer recommended?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

elmasxingon
    Participant

Hi,
    I’ve been carb back loading for almost a year, sticking to strength accumulation, and am now ready to start density bulking. When looking more into the different options available for casein hydrolysates (they taste like vomit!), I read a few brief (and older) comments that say Kiefer no longer recommends the intra workout sustainer formula shake. Is that so? Any info you can share would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

In general, Kiefer no longer recommends intra workout nutrition. However, I would imagine there are certain situations where he would.

So to re-iterate, intra workout shakes are no longer recommended. The recommendation is to keep insulin levels low during training. No food or shakes during training and the hour after training. One hour after training is when you have your PWO shake. Ideally you should take Carb Shock, but just protein powder, leucine, and some high GI carbs will work too.

As far as pre-workout nutrition, I don’t recall Kiefer ever really mentioning anything about it, but I personally think it’s best to eat your last meal 2 hours or more before training since it will keep your insulin levels low.

For more details, read his write up: https://s3.amazonaws.com/supplementblackbook.com/SBBVOL01.pdf

elmasxingon
    Participant

Wow, thanks for sharing. It’s nice to know intra workout nutrition isn’t recommended. It’s exciting to know I won’t need to taste casein hydrolysates again, for a while at least, lol. I also appreciate the tip about when to eat the last ULC meal on back loading days. Makes perfect sense. I’ve been doing this without even thinking about the benefits.

It took me a little while to figure out the amount of macros to take in to maximize results. I’m sure with density bulking only a few adjustments will be needed. Looking forward to see more progress.

I’m going to check out the write up now.

Thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Intra Workout – Sustainer Formula no longer recommended?

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?