John Kiefer talks carb backloading – Podcast 78 w/ Ben Coomber

• This topic has 7 voices and 7 replies.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Gnomer
    Participant

Spatz

This one was really good!  ;D1:30 – What does Kiefer DO?2:55 – What is CBL in a nutshell?4:36 – What are you harnessing in terms of physiological changes and adaptation with using this rather than just saying “well I’m just going to track my calories and macro nutrients and optimize for body composition.”9:04 – Expand on adiponectin why its more important in the realm of body composition. 10:19 – CBL from the scientific method and the studies behind it. 14:05 – How do you test the glucose in the cells?15:10 – Why can I eat more in the PM window after training when following your protocol? Imbalance between calories in and calories out, it just doesn’t add up.  What you tell your body when you eat carbs all day vs. what you tell your body when you give it its preferred fuel source; fat.19:59 – What methods do you use to calculate calories in clients?21:24 – What are your thoughts on using Intermittence Fasting (IF) or eating breakfast later? 24:00 – Where do you see CBL working with certain populations, where does it fit perfectly with people? (A: Male, extra 30+lbs muscle, train 3x+ a week) Talk about women and complications with CBL. – Stress. Adrenalin diabetes. 28:50 – The stress connection in females.31:20 – Low calorie/low carb people may actually benefit from a week of carbs, you’re that damaged.34:00 – It takes years to fix your body and to start to understand it.35:20 – People who misconstrue misinformation about CBL online. How dirty can we be? Clean foods? Cherry turnovers? Don’t use CBL as an excuse to stuff yourself with junk.39:04 – “I am sub 10% BF, overweight as a child, my body contains large # of empty fat cells, does this lead me open to more fat storage on a highly glycemic CBL protocol?” – Takes about 10 yrs for fat cells to die. 41:40 – “How do you implement CBL while training early in the AM and are there any rules that can or can’t be broken due to the training time?” – Not really. Eat your carbs at night. (May need to eat carbs the night before your workout.)44:40 – “Is CBL really effective, as insulin sensitivity is best in the morning regardless of fat or muscle tissue sensitivity?” – We are depending on that process. We want to introduce carbs when Insulin Sensitivity is lower.46:00 - “What have you found regarding resistant starch and the best sources to use? Do you use with clients?” – Not on board with that yet, it just feels like another distraction right now. Other things you can take that are more beneficial than RS. (IE: galactooligoSaccharides& fructooligosaccharides) Not that jazzed and won’t recommend it.48:30 – Caffeine PWO – Backed off on caffeine quite a bit, just a caffeine in the morning.Full of typos and missed bullets, but a basic outline. 🙂

I felt this was one of the better podcasts.

Liftbig

I felt this was one of the better podcasts.

That's what i thought so  🙂

Brandon D Christ
    Participant

I agree, the host asked some really good questions.  It's nice to see CBL back in the spotlight.  Carb Nite seemed to have been getting the vast majority of the attention since Kiefer re-surfaced.

Gnomer
    Participant

I agree, the host asked some really good questions.  It's nice to see CBL back in the spotlight.  Carb Nite seemed to have been getting the vast majority of the attention since Kiefer re-surfaced.

yea I really enjoyed listening to this one.. i never listened to Ben before but think he is a good host and easy to listen to.

Richard Schmitt

I liked this one too, I'm looking forward to more athlete/performance oriented podcasts.

Tiago Nicolau
    Participant

Ty Spatz for the transcription 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

John Kiefer talks carb backloading – Podcast 78 w/ Ben Coomber

Please login / register in order to chat with others.

Forgot your details?